University, Energy and Mental Health

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m heading steadily into my second year of university. I wanted to start a discussion regarding university and mental health.

My first year being such a Covid year, I can’t deny it was awful and I hated it. I’m genuinely somewhat saddened that £9280 went toward that kind of teaching, but there’s not much that can be done now.

This year has been better. I’m happy classes are more in person than they were. Though I’ve noticed the same kind of issue arising…

I feel exhausted all the time. I can only handle one ‘big’ task per day. I don’t really know how to explain a ‘big’ task from a little task, but this sort of thing for me means it’s easy to get behind because I simply don’t have the energy to do much.

It’s like, if I have class, and I attend that class, that’s my ‘big’ task taken up for the day. When I get home, trying to do other ‘big’ tasks (IE, continuing Uni work, part time jobs, going out, etc) I physically can’t do it.

I know this is connected with my depression. There’s not much I can do about it other than try my best. But I do feel sad that I can’t do more. Because it’s not usually that I don’t want to, it’s that I physically can’t.

I also have a lot of physical body problems (my body just aches and hurts a lot, I get a tremendous amount of back issues), which also make things harder.

It’s not so much that Uni is impossible but it feels really hard. Especially when I can see the people around me keeping up to date.

If you have the same problems with energy, how do you keep up with it?

Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads