How much do I need to know for Advanced Higher Music?

Watch
kubaoplierek22
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
If you have done Advanced higher music in the past or have any knowledge about the course then please help me out here. Any input from other people would also be greatly appreciated.

I'm in S6, an I'm crashing Advanced Higher music.
I was supposed to just crash higher at the beginning of the year but I decided that it was way too easy. I haven't had music as a class since like S2 which is Nat 3 level learning. Rather than doing 5 periods of practical and 1 of theory, I am teaching myself the course basically during the practical periods. I have finished 7 grades of Classical Guitar so far, and I find keyboard to be fairly easy which is why I was allowed to crash Adv H music.

Anyway, my question is:
How much do I actually need to know for advanced higher music?
I know that it's more than just the advanced higher concepts, but should I bother teaching myself every single thing all the way from Nat 3 concepts?

I'm having trouble with finding a place to start studying because I want to be as efficient as possible and obvs I don't want to waste hours trying to learn Nat 3 and 4 concepts when I don't need them. So far, I've just went over what the higher class is doing and what my class is doing as well.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed