Wheresthecake
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It’s been over a year now. I completed early on in the year last year but had to wait until summer. Covid then hit us and they said they didn’t want to host ceremonies in uncertain times. December was cancelled that year. Jan this year cancelled due to lockdown. Then summer they said they still weren’t confident.

I now have an email that I have a date. This was my undergrad and I’m now an nqt so clearly it’s been a while. But I always wanted to go to mark my achievements and hard work.

Will work allow this do you think? Will they think I’m silly to ask?
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wheresthecake)
It’s been over a year now. I completed early on in the year last year but had to wait until summer. Covid then hit us and they said they didn’t want to host ceremonies in uncertain times. December was cancelled that year. Jan this year cancelled due to lockdown. Then summer they said they still weren’t confident.

I now have an email that I have a date. This was my undergrad and I’m now an nqt so clearly it’s been a while. But I always wanted to go to mark my achievements and hard work.

It really depends on your school.
Your best bet is to ask.
I can't imagine they'll say no to you attending your own graduation...
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

They are likely to allow this. The most notice the better so tell them as soon as you can.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

It's really normal to be allowed time off for your graduation, usually only the day of, though- so if you'd need to travel it may be tricky.

It definitely won't be an issue that you have asked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads