The Student Room Group

Average IQ

What's the average IQ of an Oxford Student?
Intelligence can't take you far if you don't work hard
Reply 2
Original post by agiartor

Probably less than you think but varies a lot. I know a few oxbridge students who are amazing at the curriculum and learning their respective subject but in person are, let's say, not the brightest.
it really don't matter. Some people I know who've gone to Oxford - lovely people, very nice and relatively smart. *some* very very "intelligent" (academically, but not in person)... completely self serving, hypocritical and moraly ireprehensible. You find it everywhere but even in Oxford, there are some people who would serve more purpose to society (and make it safer) if they were to throw themselves into a bone grinder to be made into fertilizer.
I've heard 140 suggested as a ballpark figure. That seems reasonable to me - I was a fairly average Oxford student, probably a bit below average, and I have no difficulties with those IQ tests which make such a big deal of how passing them means you're a GENIUS!!! with an IQ of 140!!! (oh and would you like to join Mensa since you're so special... - no).

Worth remembering that half of all people in any given group are below average - that's what average means.
Reply 5
Original post by agiartor

Oxford student Daughter did a Mensa IQ test when she was 13. There were 2 tests. If she’d got 132 in the one test or 148 in the other, she could’ve joined Mensa. She got 131 and 147. (It wasn’t about joining Mensa, just whether she’s as bright as she appeared, but to be so close, was a bit annoying!) she’s in 2nd year reading maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending