Jacob matrix

Watch this thread
Great444
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Why my answer is not matching with the answer ,where did I go wrong, I calculated the tr and det , I followed the lecture notes too
Attached files
Last edited by Great444; 7 months ago
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
You should be able to spot the typos?
The "ad" term is positive (two negatives) so the factor will cancel.
The trace is the sum of the diagonal elements. If your notes say otherwise ...

Note
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...5Ba%2C-b%5D%5D
may be worth using to check your working.
Last edited by mqb2766; 7 months ago
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Great444)
Why my answer is not matching with the answer ,where did I go wrong, I calculated the tr and det , I followed the lecture notes too
Can you upload your notes page before as well so the problem is clearly defined. Not sure your lecture notes are correct either.
Great444
Rep:
Thanks I attached them.
Attached files
Great444
Rep:
(Original post by mqb2766)
Can you upload your notes page before as well so the problem is clearly defined. Not sure your lecture notes are correct either.
I tried to do the calculation but I'm not getting the same answer as what I've sent in the first attachment
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Thanks I attached them.
Im getting lost. In the OP, can you post the page before that one (second image, the typed one that starts with "steady states"), not different ones.
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I tried to do the calculation but I'm not getting the same answer as what I've sent in the first attachment
I know. It looks like both you and your notes are wrong.
Can you post the full question regarding this jacobian.
Great444
Rep:
I know. It looks like both you and your notes are wrong.
Can you post the full question regarding this jacobian.
This is a different question
Great444
Rep:
Now for this question which no way am getting the same answer as this I will attach it, but not sure where am going wrong .
Attached files
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Now for this question which no way am getting the same answer as this I will attach it, but not sure where am going wrong .
From a very quick look, starting with the nondimensional equations, I agree with the Jacobian in the notes, but the det and tr are not correct. The correct values are in the wolframalpha link I posted earlier.
Great444
Rep:
From a very quick look, starting with the nondimensional equations, I agree with the Jacobian in the notes, but the det and tr are not correct. The correct values are in the wolframalpha link I posted earlier.
Thank you, these should be the answers, I will try to solve it again.
Attached files
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
This is a different question
Just for completeness, Im ignoring this, unless you have a query about it.
Great444
Rep:
Just for completeness, Im ignoring this, unless you have a query about it.
ok, thank you, I will write here if I have any question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads