liviajayne
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So, I have an interview with a SCITT provider next week for my Primary PGCE with QTS. As part of the interview, we have to do a 15-20 min lesson with a group of children. I've been told I'm teaching a class of Year 4 children on the theme 'Adventure Storybooks' or 'a book of your choice'. Initially, I thought about doing some adventury story style writing tasks with the children, but now looking back at that brief I feel as though it should be more centred around reading.

Really unsure as to where to go with it or what activities I could do for reading? I feel that at that age, they might be told old for the traditional story telling looking at the pictures kind of thing, but equally getting them all to read to me doesn't seem very engaging for a 15/20 min first impression of my teaching.

Any advice from anyone who has done something similar/been through PGCE interviews would be greatly appreciated.
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Heya
This is a idea to use. You could get them to do a colourful cartoon strip of the story. Or have them design a adventure novel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads