The Student Room Group

Business Degree

Hey guys,
I was wondering whether a Business Management degree would just close me down to the business world. Im not one to chase money but i feel thats the general way the degree would go... and would the students also be the "chase the money" type?
Reply 1
It's quite the opposite actually. I think it's a great degree if you, like me, still aren't really sure what you want to do. It allows you to have a good foundation to go into almost any industry!
Reply 2
What careers have you got in mind?
The bm degree is very broad so you can pretty much do anything when you graduate.
Original post by HasanKaiser
Hey guys,
I was wondering whether a Business Management degree would just close me down to the business world. Im not one to chase money but i feel thats the general way the degree would go... and would the students also be the "chase the money" type?

Hi there!

A Business Management degree is an excellent foundation for entry to the business world. It covers everything you need to know and more. From organizational culture to accounting to human resource management, the exposure to different business fields is endless.
Truth be told, it doesn't always lead to a "chase the money" type experience because you can use that degree in any sector in the business world. I'll use myself as an example, I did my BSc in Business Management with a concentration in Tourism & Hospitality Management. I then went on to do my MSc and Ph.D. in Aviation. I have been exposed to accounting, human resource management, culinary arts, economics, financial management, marketing, psychology, and a whole lot more.
When doing your Business Management degree, I would suggest doing a placement or internship as well. That will definitely help boost your business experience and expose you to different opportunities.
Best of luck!

- Dennis :grin:
Reply 4
Original post by est2002
The bm degree is very broad so you can pretty much do anything when you graduate.

A career in marketing :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by est2002

A place in sport or media has always enticed me- or perhaps healthcare. Would that be achievable?
Reply 6
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there!

A Business Management degree is an excellent foundation for entry to the business world. It covers everything you need to know and more. From organizational culture to accounting to human resource management, the exposure to different business fields is endless.
Truth be told, it doesn't always lead to a "chase the money" type experience because you can use that degree in any sector in the business world. I'll use myself as an example, I did my BSc in Business Management with a concentration in Tourism & Hospitality Management. I then went on to do my MSc and Ph.D. in Aviation. I have been exposed to accounting, human resource management, culinary arts, economics, financial management, marketing, psychology, and a whole lot more.
When doing your Business Management degree, I would suggest doing a placement or internship as well. That will definitely help boost your business experience and expose you to different opportunities.
Best of luck!

- Dennis :grin:

Thank you Dennis,
Would the jobs open to a business management degree mostly be desk based office jobs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending