JulieLiam
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone,
I am a French teacher in London for 5 years now. I hold a PGCE and a nursing degree ( from France).
I really want to teach French is the US ( preference for Texas / Florida / California / South Carolina ), I got so many different answers some people told me that with a PGCE it will be easy some told me “good luck to get a working visa for the US”.
I am a bit lost, I’d like some help on the subject and also if there is anyone that want to talk about their own experience please feel free to give me any advice.
I don’t really know from where to start, knowing that I’m going to stay at least 2 more years in London I have time to start the process for a Visa. I don’t want a J1 visa as I am coming with my family so I want to be able to stay more than 2 years … I heard I could get a sponsorship but I don’t really know how it works so if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you for your answers
Julie
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
research
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads