GCSE English Language Creative Writing Essay HELPPP

Watch this thread
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi guys, does anyone have any sample essays that I can look at based on these questions:

Write a personal essay for the examiner about a time when you had to cope under
pressure.
OR
Choice 2: Using the following photograph, write your entry for a creative writing competition. Your
audience is young people of a similar age to yourself. Create your own title.
the photograph is a snowy pathway with trees on both sides.

Please help, it's a practice essay for our mocks!!!
studycafe
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by 2030)
Hi guys, does anyone have any sample essays that I can look at based on these questions:

pressure.
OR
Choice 2: Using the following photograph, write your entry for a creative writing competition. Your

I'm not really sure if I know any places with those particular questions but look on the YouTube channel Mr Salles Teaches English - he's very useful!
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Tell us more
tinyperson
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by 2030)

pressure.
OR

Ignore my previous post. They both sound nice yet I think that option two gives you more scope. You could start off by making up a short intro that includes that opening sentence and then expand slowly on that. Describe in detail what the snow feels like etc. Use descriptive words to your full advantage here as well. Really aim to capture the readers attention. Invent a interesting title. You could even write up a mini essay. Think of some words that describe the trees, and snowy path.
Rep:
(Original post by studycafe)
I'm not really sure if I know any places with those particular questions but look on the YouTube channel Mr Salles Teaches English - he's very useful!
Ok, I will take a look now. Thank you!!
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
Ignore my previous post. They both sound nice yet I think that option two gives you more scope. You could start off by making up a short intro that includes that opening sentence and then expand slowly on that. Describe in detail what the snow feels like etc. Use descriptive words to your full advantage here as well. Really aim to capture the readers attention. Invent a interesting title. You could even write up a mini essay. Think of some words that describe the trees, and snowy path.
Would you have any titles in mind and any storylines I could write about? Also, what do you think I could write for my conclusion?
Thank you so much!!
tinyperson
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Narnia like storyline
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
Narnia like storyline
Ok, thank you!
tinyperson
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by 2030)
Ok, thank you!
np
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads