The Student Room Group

Stranmillis PGCE (Blended Learning)

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Blended Learning PGCE at Stranmillis is equivalent to a normal Primary PGCE like the one offered at the University of Ulster? Also does anyone know what age range it allows you to teach up to? As in, is it limited to just nursery and KS1 or is it nursery, KS1 and KS2? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Amag181
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Blended Learning PGCE at Stranmillis is equivalent to a normal Primary PGCE like the one offered at the University of Ulster? Also does anyone know what age range it allows you to teach up to? As in, is it limited to just nursery and KS1 or is it nursery, KS1 and KS2? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks :smile:

Things may be slightly different in Northern Ireland, so I would check with the institutions involved, but in the UK, Early years would only qualify you to teach Reception (Foundation Stage) and Nursery, although some schools would allow you to teach KS1 also.

I think the Stranmillis course would make it difficult to get a job teaching KS2 early in your career. The Ulster course would be best if you want to teach KS1 or 2, but Stranmillis would be best if you want the option of teaching in a nursery.

But do confirm all this with the training providers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending