The Student Room Group

Dwp cfcd

Hey, has anyone here applied for the AO position with DWP in CFCD? Have you heard anything yet or been offered a position?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I haven’t heard anything I applied early September.
Reply 2
Original post by Kittyta
Hi I haven’t heard anything I applied early September.

Ah ok, feels like forever, fingers crossed we get through. Found the pre-recorded interview a nightmare.
Reply 3
Anyone got any updates? I had my interview nearly six weeks ago and still not had any updates on my application? Would be nice to know one way or the other, checking my emails and logging in every other hour 😂
I sent an email about my application a week or so ago and was told they were still doing the post-interview assessment processing. They mentioned that it was a heavily subscribed campaign, so I guess it's just a case of wait a while longer. If anyone hears back from this job, do let me know!
Reply 5
I’m still waiting to hear back too, they are going to post more new jobs for this soon I heard. Phase 2. These positions were supposed to start in November.
An update (of sorts)!! Just got an email apologising for the delay and now with an expected result of w/c 13/12/2021, due to 'the overwhelming popularity of this vacancy'. When I emailed them a few weeks ago, the reply I got said they'd interviewed 200 people - and the job is for 16 vacancies! That's pretty awful odds for success, IMO. So, preparing myself for likely disappointment about this job, but hopefully the information above about a second recruitment drive in CFCD may generate a few more job opportunities.
Reply 7
Original post by dizzieblonde
An update (of sorts)!! Just got an email apologising for the delay and now with an expected result of w/c 13/12/2021, due to 'the overwhelming popularity of this vacancy'. When I emailed them a few weeks ago, the reply I got said they'd interviewed 200 people - and the job is for 16 vacancies! That's pretty awful odds for success, IMO. So, preparing myself for likely disappointment about this job, but hopefully the information above about a second recruitment drive in CFCD may generate a few more job opportunities.

I got the same response, fingers crossed 🤞best of luck
Reply 8

Me too, hopefully it will be good news!
Reply 9
The second round of recruitment for these positions will close in 2 days. I would strongly advise anyone still interested to put in another application, although I know we haven’t heard from the first round yet. I would still apply again, there is 50 roles in this round.
Reply 10
I received a reply today, I’m on the reserve list :frown:. What about everyone else, have you had a reply?
Yep, reserve list for me too. What interview score did everyone else get given? I'm trying to work out what the cut off must have been.
Reply 12
Reserve list also total score was 18
Reply 13
Yep, reserve list for me too. What interview score did everyone else get given? I'm trying to work out what the cut off must have been.

My score was 24, how about you?
I’m on the reserve list, the last two government jobs I got I was also on the reserve list. Waited about 3 weeks for both of those and I’m assuming it will be the same for this. So congratulations people you’ve basically got the jobs 😊
Reply 15
Original post by crazymazy
I’m on the reserve list, the last two government jobs I got I was also on the reserve list. Waited about 3 weeks for both of those and I’m assuming it will be the same for this. So congratulations people you’ve basically got the jobs 😊

I didn’t make any reserve list, and I didn’t pass the interview. Well done to everyone.
Reply 16
Original post by Ma232
I didn’t make any reserve list, and I didn’t pass the interview. Well done to everyone.

Oh no, sorry Ma232, fingers crossed for next time. Do you already work for the civil service?
I received notification in October that I was on the reserve list . Had email yesterday with a provisional job offer . I applied for the Kent vacancies 😊
Original post by Toffeebunny
I received notification in October that I was on the reserve list . Had email yesterday with a provisional job offer . I applied for the Kent vacancies 😊

Congratulations! My score was 24 for behaviours, but no strength score. The interview summary paragraph was very complimentary. It said it was a very strong interview, so that's great feedback, given that I thought the recorded interview format was a horrible experience, and was worried I'd totally tanked it!

I'm not counting my chickens about a job offer though, given that only 16 vacancies nationwide may well be filled before they get to my position on the reserve list. I'm considering asking them to give me my number in the reserve list. On the other hand, that might just torture me to know, if they then shut down for Christmas and we're all left hanging much longer than the 3 weeks crazymazy had to wait!
Reply 19
Original post by Ma232

Keep trying I’m sure you’ll nail it next time, that was my 2nd time of trying for that role, I’ve had a ton of unsuccessful cs interviews and the tide is just starting to turn for me 1 offer and one reserve, use each one to learn from and have a look on you tube for cs interview techniques, they really helped me xx

Quick Reply

Latest