The Student Room Group

Which uni?

Hi, I am an offer holder for both University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University for Primary PGCE. UoN is ranked higher than NTU but NTU have more experience with the Primary PGCE than UoN, as UoN have only been running the course for 7 years but have done PGCEs for a long time. NTU have ran the Primary PGCE for a long time. On top of this, my UoN interview gave me the opportunity to meet faculty and see the campus and department as my interview was in person and was approx. 2.5 hours. Whereas, my NTU interview was a zoom interview and there are no in person open days currently being held, so I only met one member of staff and have not seen the campus or the department. I just really need some help!
Reply 1
I picked the one where I got on with the interviewers and got a good feeling about it all. Simple as that. I made the right decision.
Original post by emilywharton
Hi, I am an offer holder for both University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University for Primary PGCE. UoN is ranked higher than NTU but NTU have more experience with the Primary PGCE than UoN, as UoN have only been running the course for 7 years but have done PGCEs for a long time. NTU have ran the Primary PGCE for a long time. On top of this, my UoN interview gave me the opportunity to meet faculty and see the campus and department as my interview was in person and was approx. 2.5 hours. Whereas, my NTU interview was a zoom interview and there are no in person open days currently being held, so I only met one member of staff and have not seen the campus or the department. I just really need some help!

If it was the first or second year, I agree it would be negative, but 7 years is plenty- the course will be well established now, and will be over any teething problems. Beyond that, it's unlikely you'd have the same staff running the course for 10+ years, and obviously schools change soon, so I don't think running the course for longer is a big deal here at all.

It sounds like you prefer UoN, so I would go with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending