felixhangz
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know I'm not perfect but what I say can help someone. Let me ask, is it bad is I give out my opinion about a certain aspect to help someone?

kaorimiyazono
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
This is extremely vague. What is the context? What is your opinion and how do you think it would help the other person? Does the other person want your help/advice or do they just want you to listen/support them?
felixhangz
Rep:
It will depend on the person asking.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
it is indeterminate
Last edited by HoldThisL; 4 weeks ago
felixhangz
Rep:
Only those who need help will air out their plea and ask for advice
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by felixhangz)
It will depend on the person asking.
Ok well it definitely depends on the context so I can't say whether you should or shouldn't express your opinion. Also, even if you think your opinion might help, it depends on the other person too. Sometimes when people go to you about their problems, all they want is someone to listen to them not someone to try and solve their problems. So, depending on the context and on the other person, your opinion might not be as helpful as you'd expect.
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Only those who need help will air out their plea and ask for advice
If someone asks you for you opinion or advice directly then it's ok for you to say what you think.
felixhangz
Rep:
Yeah, my opinion might not be useful as I'd expected but if I may ask, what if the person needs your advise and you think they only need your ears? Will you have helped in that case?
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, my opinion might not be useful as I'd expected but if I may ask, what if the person needs your advise and you think they only need your ears? Will you have helped in that case?
In that case just ask them "do you need someone to listen to you, or may I offer you my opinion/a piece of advice?"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
10.03%
Okay (108)
29.27%
A bit lacking (135)
36.59%
Not good at all (89)
24.12%

Watched Threads