Nicola301990
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, I am currently doing a h and s care foundation degree. I would like to apply for nursing next year but I am worried about financial help. My partner earns just over 50 thousand a year so I'm not entitled to much SF but with my part time job I get by. Next year I would have to give my job up and up to now I can't find any financial help I'm entitled to?
Ash1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nicola301990)
Hello, I am currently doing a h and s care foundation degree. I would like to apply for nursing next year but I am worried about financial help. My partner earns just over 50 thousand a year so I'm not entitled to much SF but with my part time job I get by. Next year I would have to give my job up and up to now I can't find any financial help I'm entitled to?
Oh no sorry to hear that.

Sticky situation Im no expert in this matter but it's good to think about it before committing to a degree. What about the Nursing Associate roles or way to get into nursing instead?

1. Have Student finance assessed this and confirmed you won't get any financial help?

2. Is there no bursary options?

3. Do you think you can put yourself on "bank" with hospital so you can work when there's jobs?

4. Can you apply for jobs after you start University because that way you'll know your course timetable and know what hours you can or can't do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads