haidi8999
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
what are the best medical universities in the UK that accept late applications?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
They dont.
All Med applications closed in mid-October.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by haidi8999)
'Late', as in when?
Angiogram1
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you international? Buckingham, UCLAN, Brunel I think- check on websites.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(1) there are no "best" or "worst" UK med schools

(2) not a single UK med school will accept late applications via UCAS

(3) as stated above, as a home student you can still apply outside of UCAS to Buckingham starting Jan 2023 (but still graduating Summer 2027). That's your only option but it'll cost you ~£39,000 per year.

If you're an international student then in addition to Buckingham, you can also apply outside of UCAS to Brunel and UCLan (2022 entry, still graduating Summer 2027).

(4) remember, even if med schools accept late applications for some reason (and they don't) you'd still need a UCAT or BMAT.

It's best to just use the upcoming year to research properly and do some work experience etc.
Last edited by ecolier; 3 weeks ago
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
None unless you meet the conditions stated above, if not, you'll have to take a gap year and apply before 6pm on 15th October next year
haidi8999
Rep:
I have completed my BMAT and was planning to apply to Imperial or UCL, but some conditions prevented me from doing so. Now I have been invited to apply to the St George University of London, which requires UCAT scores, and I was wondering if I could apply with just my A-levels and GCSEs, as well as my BMAT scores, which I think would be kinda decent. I got 6A* in GCSE and A*A*A in my A-level, which is above their entry requirement, am I likely to be accepted?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
SGUL is a UCAT university, therefore you cannot use a BMAT score to apply as it will lead to a pre-interview rejection. The UCAT and BMAT are completely different exams in terms of skills needed. How do you get "invited" to apply anyways? It's past the UCAS deadline for medicine so I am very confused about what you're doing. Did you only apply to Imperial and UCL?
Edit😬: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...535&highlight=
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 3 weeks ago
haidi8999
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
SGUL is a UCAT university, therefore you cannot use a BMAT score to apply as it will lead to a pre-interview rejection. The UCAT and BMAT are completely different exams in terms of skills needed. How do you get "invited" to apply anyways? It's past the UCAS deadline for medicine so I am very confused about what you're doing. Did you only apply to Imperial and UCL?
my school's got a tie with st George university in us and they contacted them regarding my situation.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I have completed my BMAT and was planning to apply to Imperial or UCL, but some conditions prevented me from doing so. Now I have been invited to apply to the St George University of London, which requires UCAT scores, and I was wondering if I could apply with just my A-levels and GCSEs, as well as my BMAT scores, which I think would be kinda decent. I got 6A* in GCSE and A*A*A in my A-level, which is above their entry requirement, am I likely to be accepted?
my school's got a tie with st George university in us and they contacted them regarding my situation.
You can't apply now. Read our responses to you above which you have kindly just ignored.

Also, applying to a university without meeting the minimal requirements will just get you rejected.

SGUL needs you to have a UCAT score. All UK med schools are competitive so why would they just consider something who missed a basic entry requirement?

It's perhaps a good thing that you missed the application deadline so you have a year to research into med application. It's not something to be done at the last minute (or after the deadline, even).

St George's University of London (SGUL) and St George's University, based in the Caribbean (SGU) are different universities.
Last edited by ecolier; 3 weeks ago
haidi8999
Rep:
I didn't ignore that i actually read them all, thanks 4 the reply and I think it's my bad I thought SGU was SGUL. srry

(Original post by ecolier)
You can't apply now. Read our responses to you above which you have kindly just ignored.

Also, applying to a university without meeting the minimal requirements will just get you rejected.

SGUL needs you to have a UCAT score. All UK med schools are competitive so why would they just consider something who missed a basic entry requirement?

It's perhaps a good thing that you missed the application deadline so you have a year to research into med application. It's not something to be done at the last minute (or after the deadline, even).

St George's University of London (SGUL) and St George's University, based in the Caribbean (SGU) are different universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
6.52%
Okay (17)
36.96%
A bit lacking (13)
28.26%
Not good at all (13)
28.26%

Watched Threads