Dani1426
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi! I was wondering if I could pls get some advice on applying to grad entry medicine. I’m currently in a Predicament where I wouldn’t like to waste an academic year but unfortunately have missed the deadlines to apply for 2022, I’m not too sure if there are any other start dates and due to this I was considering studying to be a physician associate, it’s a whopping 2 year difference, but as you can imagine as similar as the roles are they are ofc course different! I’m very confused with what to do because grad entry medicine is another 4 years which is very long and wasting another year is not what I want to do, does anyone know if it’s possible to transfer to grad entry medicine in the first year of studying to be a PA?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dani1426)
Hi! I was wondering if I could pls get some advice on applying to grad entry medicine. I’m currently in a Predicament where I wouldn’t like to waste an academic year but unfortunately have missed the deadlines to apply for 2022, I’m not too sure if there are any other start dates and due to this I was considering studying to be a physician associate, it’s a whopping 2 year difference, but as you can imagine as similar as the roles are they are ofc course different! I’m very confused with what to do because grad entry medicine is another 4 years which is very long and wasting another year is not what I want to do, does anyone know if it’s possible to transfer to grad entry medicine in the first year of studying to be a PA?
I'm not aware of any GEM course that accepts transfers. You'd be best researching the work experience requirements and getting that under your belt along with prep for the relevant entrance exams. It's not a waste of a year if it gets you where you want to be. Many GEM applicants take 2-3 years to finally get admitted.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dani1426)
Take a gap year if you want to do medicine.

Don't bother taking away a PA slot from someone who actually wants to be a PA.

And no, currently no PA course offers a transfer to GEM. GEM itself is extremely competitive, and the PA course and curriculum (I teach on them) is completely different to medical courses right from the start.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
7.32%
Okay (16)
39.02%
A bit lacking (11)
26.83%
Not good at all (11)
26.83%

Watched Threads