SGGS19
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got 3 weeks left till my mocks. Do you think it is sufficient time to revise my 9 subjects? (English, Math, 3 Sciences, RE, Computer, Business)

bertie.sprag
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
personally I would have said not really as I would have wanted more time. However I was also the type of person who would do everything last minute. so I would say that three weeks is a good time to start revising definitely especially if you haven't already made any resources. I would suggest making a revision time table that will allow you to cover everything in your exams as well as letting you have free time to relax etc (aim for 1-2 hours a day).
good luck! and don't get too stressed. mocks are there to help you prepare for your actual exams, they are not your final grade.
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SGGS19)
I got 3 weeks left till my mocks. Do you think it is sufficient time to revise my 9 subjects? (English, Math, 3 Sciences, RE, Computer, Business)
I think it depends how confident you feel with those topics. If there are multiple subjects/topics where you’re already comfortable then I’d just prioritise the topics you feel weaker on and then you can maximise your time.

It might be a push, but you can definitely cover a chunk of information before your mocks if you plan it out. Good luck!
JosephJ1234
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bertie.sprag)
personally I would have said not really as I would have wanted more time. However I was also the type of person who would do everything last minute. so I would say that three weeks is a good time to start revising definitely especially if you haven't already made any resources. I would suggest making a revision time table that will allow you to cover everything in your exams as well as letting you have free time to relax etc (aim for 1-2 hours a day).
good luck! and don't get too stressed. mocks are there to help you prepare for your actual exams, they are not your final grade.
when I revise and do mind maps or flashcards it doesn't stick in my head for some reason and I know my brain is capable of getting a grade 9 because when i don't revise I always get above the average in my class (Grade 6-7) so if I revise I know I will do really good although just don't know how to do it. How did you find the right method for you?
bertie.sprag
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JosephJ1234)
when I revise and do mind maps or flashcards it doesn't stick in my head for some reason and I know my brain is capable of getting a grade 9 because when i don't revise I always get above the average in my class (Grade 6-7) so if I revise I know I will do really good although just don't know how to do it. How did you find the right method for you?
find out what type of learner you are. if flash cards and mind maps don't work then you probably are not a visual learner. there are quizzes online to find out what type of learner you are. try reading out loud or teaching someone the material that you have learnt. find you tube videos about the subject (there are plenty out there) and do lots of active recall with past papers and practice questions. I normally stick too practice questions and past papers as it helps me apply my knowledge and learn the mark scheme at the same time but all through out gcse's I did not know how to revise properly from my notes. I ended up using savemyexams.com to get good condensed notes and past papers and, if you're willing to pay, questions specific to each topic.
JosephJ1234
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bertie.sprag)
find out what type of learner you are. if flash cards and mind maps don't work then you probably are not a visual learner. there are quizzes online to find out what type of learner you are. try reading out loud or teaching someone the material that you have learnt. find you tube videos about the subject (there are plenty out there) and do lots of active recall with past papers and practice questions. I normally stick too practice questions and past papers as it helps me apply my knowledge and learn the mark scheme at the same time but all through out gcse's I did not know how to revise properly from my notes. I ended up using savemyexams.com to get good condensed notes and past papers and, if you're willing to pay, questions specific to each topic.
aight thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.62%
Okay (106)
29.12%
A bit lacking (135)
37.09%
Not good at all (88)
24.18%

Watched Threads