The Student Room Group

I need advice on A-Level Biology Resitting

Hi guys, I'm looking to resit my AQA A-Level Biology exams in summer 2022 (started revising late October) but I don't know how to approach my revision right now, I've forgotten most of my Year 1 content but I'll definitely be able to know it all by the end of the month (whilst doing exam questions) if I focus on that only. What's more sensible to do? Revise both AS and A2 throughout the week? Or focus on one for now?
(edited 2 years ago)
Whatever floats your boat. I would do both together since there is some continuation in content between A2 and AS. But as far as exam questions go, starting them early does seem reasonable.
hi! I retook biology a-level last month (OCR but I hope my advice applies to AQA as well) so I had to brush up on everything in about 2 months. Since you have more time than I did, definitely make a revision plan and be sure to finish all content At least 2 months prior to the exam date. Aim to finish around 3 topics a week. The sooner you finish learning, the more time you’ll have to revise and apply your knowledge, which is much more effective! (that’s what I was told by my teacher) You should know the content super well so I think you should focus on year 2 for now since it’s a lot harder. Year 1 content will be easier to recall once you do all the past papers as you said. You could revisit some of the year 1 content in between but focus more on year 2. Once you finish a topic, go over it again in a week’s time. This really helped me since I forget v easily haha. Best of luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest