Cyberstart Intern Level 3 Challenge 2

Watch this thread
usafa92
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Any help appreciated. Inspecting the webpage and am stuck with how to bypass the lock.
Howling44
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
If this is the dice challenge, just keep refreshing the page until the flag shows up. If you could help me with the corrupt file one I would greatly appreciate it. I can for the life of me figure out how to open it.
usafa92
Rep:
(Original post by Howling44)
If this is the dice challenge, just keep refreshing the page until the flag shows up. If you could help me with the corrupt file one I would greatly appreciate it. I can for the life of me figure out how to open it.
No, the Intern Base Level 3 Challenge 2 is the "Maths at Light Speed" challenge where you're suposed to do a simple math calculation in 0.3 seconds.

You click "Spin" and you're given 2 sets of numbers. Then you're supposed to either add or subtract those number, enter the answer, then click "Submit".

Unfortunately, 0.3 seconds isn't enough time - so I assume you're supposed to figure out a way to interrupt the timer or bypass the "lock".

I've tried inspecting the webpage code and I can see what's going on after I click "Spin". I can see some variables change, but don't know what I need to do to bypass the timer or the lock.

Name:  InternBaseL03C02.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  21.8 KB
Last edited by usafa92; 6 months ago
Howling44
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by usafa92)
No, the Intern Base Level 3 Challenge 2 is the "Maths at Light Speed" challenge where you're suposed to do a simple math calculation in 0.3 seconds.

You click "Spin" and you're given 2 sets of numbers. Then you're supposed to either add or subtract those number, enter the answer, then click "Submit".

Unfortunately, 0.3 seconds isn't enough time - so I assume you're supposed to figure out a way to interrupt the timer or bypass the "lock".

I've tried inspecting the webpage code and I can see what's going on after I click "Spin". I can see some variables change, but don't know what I need to do to bypass the timer or the lock.

Name:  InternBaseL03C02.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  21.8 KB
inspect the page and have it open at the bottom of your screen. Watch it as you click spin for answer to see what changes. I can't figure out what to change, but that might help you.
usafa92
Rep:
(Original post by Howling44)
inspect the page and have it open at the bottom of your screen. Watch it as you click spin for answer to see what changes. I can't figure out what to change, but that might help you.
I figured it out.

The below line of code changes after you spin:
Code you first spin BEFORE: <form class="form" action="/flashfast/answer" id="calc-form">
Code after AFTER :<form class="form" action= id="calc-form">

You have to edit it back to it's first state (/flashfast/answer) in order to enter the correct sum and click submit.
lordsring
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I been at it for a day and still nothing. I tried inputing
proto1250
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by usafa92)
I figured it out.

The below line of code changes after you spin:
Code you first spin BEFORE: <form class="form" action="/flashfast/answer" id="calc-form">
Code after AFTER :<form class="form" action= id="calc-form">

You have to edit it back to it's first state (/flashfast/answer) in order to enter the correct sum and click submit.
Holy **** this helped a lot! I was about to waste points on a hint but then this gave me the motivation to keep going once I read "the below line of code changes after you spin"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.72%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.81%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.21%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
17.12%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (26)
23.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.72%

Watched Threads