The Student Room Group

can i miss 3 weeks of sixth from but still keep up online??

I get it's not ideal to miss school for 3 weeks however my parents have booked plane tickets to go on 'holiday'. it's one week before the Christmas holiday and I'm due to come back 2 weeks after the holiday. I'm planning to continue to do the work online but I'm just wondering if I will be allowed to do this, I haven't asked any teacher yet. I'm not missing any important deadlines, my mocks and uni applications will be done by then and all my coursework too! I just really need someone to say it's alright lmao I'm stressing so much about it. I'm not a bad student I haven't missed any days so far and I got good predicted grades for UCAS, do you think this will affect me?
Original post by sbrsbrsbr
I get it's not ideal to miss school for 3 weeks however my parents have booked plane tickets to go on 'holiday'. it's one week before the Christmas holiday and I'm due to come back 2 weeks after the holiday. I'm planning to continue to do the work online but I'm just wondering if I will be allowed to do this, I haven't asked any teacher yet. I'm not missing any important deadlines, my mocks and uni applications will be done by then and all my coursework too! I just really need someone to say it's alright lmao I'm stressing so much about it. I'm not a bad student I haven't missed any days so far and I got good predicted grades for UCAS, do you think this will affect me?

tbh i dont think thats very ideal.
As someone with experience on missing school its never the same thing online/catching up and do u think u will have time on holiday to keep up?
i dont know if u can afford to miss out on so much during a-levels. especially since a lot of teachers have told me that the start of a-levels is the most important.
but if ur smart then maybe u will be able to cope with it (although it will definitely set u back compared to other ppl in class) however, the main problem would ur school be okay with 3 weeks of being absent. and will ur teachers cooperate with providing online work?
Reply 2
Original post by meymey:)
tbh i dont think thats very ideal.
As someone with experience on missing school its never the same thing online/catching up and do u think u will have time on holiday to keep up?
i dont know if u can afford to miss out on so much during a-levels. especially since a lot of teachers have told me that the start of a-levels is the most important.
but if ur smart then maybe u will be able to cope with it (although it will definitely set u back compared to other ppl in class) however, the main problem would ur school be okay with 3 weeks of being absent. and will ur teachers cooperate with providing online work?

I understand what you mean but during the lockdown, I was doing alright with online learning and I feel I will be able to keep up with it abroad.
From what I've read it's not a legal requirement for me to be in sixth form and I think my teachers will be alright with sending PowerPoints/recorded lessons (they have previously filmed lessons for last years lockdown) because they know I'm not a bad student and I've never missed an assignment deadline.

However, I'm not sure about the schools themselves. My parents are planning to call the school and tell them the situation, they are prepared to pay a fine but idk hows its gonna go.
I'm not even sure if it will be 3 weeks I'm missing. My dad mentioned something about getting an earlier flight home for me so I don't miss so much.

Quick Reply

Latest