The Student Room Group

Work experience- please help me

Im in year 10 and my school want me to find a work experience place for a week. I chose self placement - which is finding it yourself etc. I have to do this by December and I am stuck on what to choose and where to even find one/ how to ask. I like either something in medicine or in like a finance company. Please can u suggest some places it is in Lancashire. Thank you so much
Reply 1
Also I don't want to do something too easy but i am scared to do something hard as i have never done something like this before.
Find businesses and just contact them directly

I wrote a handwritten letter when I had to get work experience, it worked
Original post by Anonymous
Im in year 10 and my school want me to find a work experience place for a week. I chose self placement - which is finding it yourself etc. I have to do this by December and I am stuck on what to choose and where to even find one/ how to ask. I like either something in medicine or in like a finance company. Please can u suggest some places it is in Lancashire. Thank you so much

Hey, if its in finance, its best to go contact your local finance companies, google them, and find their email address, and the same for medicine, look up your local pharmacy or GP surgery and you can use this template if you think this would help:
Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is __________ and I am in Year 10 at ____________ School. I am looking to eventually looking to go into __________ as a career. I have to do work experience, so I was wondering if there was any possibility that I could come and work with you for a week? Please contact me on _______________ (phone number) or on _________________ (email). Yours Faithfully _________________.

Hope this helps!!
Reply 4
Original post by Jonathanツ
Find businesses and just contact them directly

I wrote a handwritten letter when I had to get work experience, it worked

Yeah but the problem is finding them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending