Edexcel Unit 2 Chemistry Paper 2day - Discussion Watch

This discussion is closed.
pretty
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi I Wanted To Know How Evry1 Found The Paper Were There Any Questions That You Found Hard Or What Did You Think Was Good About It Jus General Discussion Really Thank U
ryan750
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i did unit 2 and 3. I was pissed that i forgot to mention that when heating the gases that tongs need to be used. But hey - u don't need 100% to get an A. I also got worried that on most of the writtren questions i had to write beneath the lines cos i couldn't fit it in. I probably was quite inconcise. I hope that they are kind markers. Im FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
Reptile
Report 14 years ago
The first quetion on u2. Electroltye one. I put Cryolite for Al and Steel + Titanium for Cl. What exactly is an electroltye
pretty
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
1ST QUESTION PART 1)BAUXITE ORE DISSOLVED IN MOLYEN CRYOLITE (BUT I ONLY PUT MOLTEN CRYOLITE) 2)NaCl must be aqeous. Electrolyte is the solution in which electrolysis can take place
Reptile
Report 14 years ago
CRap, 3 makrs lost there!
ryan750
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i put just cryolite for part 1 and brine for part 2. I should have put bauxite ore dissolved in molten cryolite as u said. Damnit! I better get an A for both units or i will probably kill myself.
Asian cutie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ryan750)
i put just cryolite for part 1 and brine for part 2. I should have put bauxite ore dissolved in molten cryolite as u said. Damnit! I better get an A for both units or i will probably kill myself.
hey i did the same as u did.i thought that was a bit harsh to put on the first page!
BCHL85
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I put (bauxite) Al2O3 for 1st and brine(NaCl) for 2nd. But why it's 3 marks? Maybe need cryolite in 1st one. I didn't notice the mark, I think 1 one for each
blackzombies
Report 13 years ago
do any of you have any unit 2 papers and markschemes?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (60)
19.74%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.47%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise