Onipede
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Did anyone apply for this job at HMRC?

I'm just glad I got through on the 3 tests and a bit surprised the application form is just CV - no statement or behaviours?
Reddy5001
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Onipede)
Did anyone apply for this job at HMRC?

I'm just glad I got through on the 3 tests and a bit surprised the application form is just CV - no statement or behaviours?
I applied (and got) a job with HMRC. They use your scores on the three tests to sift your application as the tests all have pass marks. As for your CV, they don't score it or use it to sift, it's just there to see what you've previously done in terms of employment.

They'll assess the strengths and behaviours at interview stage. As for not having to do them at application stage, every department is different and has different application requirements.
Last edited by Reddy5001; 3 weeks ago
Onipede
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Reddy5001)
I applied (and got) a job with HMRC. They use your scores on the three tests to sift your application as the tests all have pass marks. As for your CV, they don't score it or use it to sift, it's just there to see what you've previously done in terms of employment.

They'll assess the strengths and behaviours at interview stage. As for not having to do them at application stage, every department is different and has different application requirements.
Are you currently working at HMRC? If so, how is it?

I've got an email with an invite to a pre-recorded strengths interview!
Reddy5001
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Onipede)
Are you currently working at HMRC? If so, how is it?

I've got an email with an invite to a pre-recorded strengths interview!
I'm not currently working for HMRC but I start in January. I have heard form others that HMRC is good to work for.

Oh nice, when is it? They'll assess both strengths and behaviours during the interview so I would advise looking at the job description to see what behaviours they'll be assessing and preparing flash cards (not a script) with your example for each behaviour on(you get 4 minutes from my experience of pre recorded interviews). As for strengths, you can't prepare for those questions and you just have to run with whatever comes to mind as you only have a couple of minutes to answer strength questions.

Good luck with your interview
OnceUponAStudent
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
"recorded" and "strengths interview" are good hints here..............
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.58%
Yes - a trusted person (108)
26.28%
No (113)
27.49%
I'm not sure (52)
12.65%

Watched Threads