Supposed to be skinny?

Watch
Killawilly6662
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello so I’ve tried to gain weight multiple times but lost motivation because my mum said I won’t gain weight because I’m supposed to be skinny? I’m gonna ignore her and just try to gain weight anyway I’m 5ft 7 …….7.7 stone . I normally eat just dinners sometimes a few snacks .will 2000 calories be enough to gain weight .
Yas101
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Killawilly6662)
Hello so I’ve tried to gain weight multiple times but lost motivation because my mum said I won’t gain weight because I’m supposed to be skinny? I’m gonna ignore her and just try to gain weight anyway I’m 5ft 7 …….7.7 stone . I normally eat just dinners sometimes a few snacks .will 2000 calories be enough to gain weight .
I’m fairly sure anything over 1700 calories will allow you to gain weight but perhaps find a personal trainer or consult a doctor as you don’t want to end up gaining weight in an unhealthy way by having too much cholesterol or saturated fats
Last edited by Yas101; 3 weeks ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
You are underweight not because you are meant to be skinny but because you are eating one meal a day. Work out what your BMR is, add in whatever calories you are burning through exercise, add 500 calories to that, and that will be a good target to aim for to gain weight.
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Literally anyone can gain weight. Try 2000 calories a week, weigh yourself at the start of each week first thing in the morning. If the scales aren't moving after a few weeks, increase daily calories by 500. Repeat as necessary.
super_hannah
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think your Mum is right at all...anyone can gain weight if you eat in a calorie surplus. I think you're underweight as I am the same height as you and weigh about 30kg more and I'm a healthy weight and body fat composition. 2000 calories should be enough but try to eat clean and not eat just junk. My boyfriend is a personal trainer and I think your maintenance is around 1550 so 2000 calories should be enough. If you want to track it use the app called MyFitnessPal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.35%
Okay (40)
28.78%
A bit lacking (49)
35.25%
Not good at all (37)
26.62%

Watched Threads