Bhavika98
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello! So i went for a photoshoot with some agency called model booker they selected me and then they charged me 500£ Gave me a website and created a portfolio and said agencies will contact me and they actually did but even they are asking for a subscription fee. They also promised model training which is on today at whitechapel. Something is really fishy about this. Please help! I think i was scammed 😔🥺 what should i do next if this is a scam? Go to the police? I don’t know what to do
Smeraldettoi
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah sorry but you got scammed, this has been going on quite a while but I don’t think you can do anything to get your money back
Bhavika98
Rep:
(Original post by Smeraldettoi)
Yeah sorry but you got scammed, this has been going on quite a while but I don’t think you can do anything to get your money back
Oh god🥺 but thank you so much for replying! I hope they rot in hell 🙂
Smeraldettoi
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bhavika98)
Oh god🥺 but thank you so much for replying! I hope they rot in hell 🙂
Anything asking for money up front is pretty much guaranteed to be a scam, a real model agency would never ask for money
Bhavika98
Rep:
Anything asking for money up front is pretty much guaranteed to be a scam, a real model agency would never ask for money
Yeah now that i know I’ll be really careful from now on
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
yh
Bhavika98
Rep:
But you know what? The lady who took the money is still there on whatsapp and replies me. Her name is lidia. Should i just text her or something?
Smeraldettoi
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bhavika98)
But you know what? The lady who took the money is still there on whatsapp and replies me. Her name is lidia. Should i just text her or something?
I can’t see it achieving much tbh; report the agency to the police and or to the trading standards agency
IhaveNothingToDo
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Ask her if it doesn't work then report her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.79%
Okay (69)
28.87%
A bit lacking (89)
37.24%
Not good at all (60)
25.1%

Watched Threads