The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

UCAS

Hi, I'm applying for law at the University of Essex and in the UCAS website, they mentioned that I need to go through some sort of an assessment. I've tried googling more infos about this but couldn't find any :/ Does anyone know what type of assessment is conducted?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by rosealexandrite
Hi, I'm applying for law at the University of Essex and in the UCAS website, they mentioned that I need to go through some sort of an assessment. I've tried googling more infos about this but couldn't find any :/ Does anyone know what type of assessment is conducted?

Maybe try contacting UoEssex about this?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Can you post the link to this specific info?
Original post by Tushar12718
Maybe try contacting UoEssex about this?

yeaa I did
Original post by McGinger
Can you post the link to this specific info?

Ohh sorry I don't have the link. It's in my UCAS application
Ohh sorry I don't have the link. It's in my UCAS application

"in the UCAS website, they mentioned that I need to go through some sort of an assessment"
???
"in the UCAS website, they mentioned that I need to go through some sort of an assessment"
???

It is the university assessment for that subject much like oxbridge
The only thing approaching this on either their undergrad pages or the Law specific ones is this:

“Some of our courses also require a compulsory interview. If you have applied to one of these courses you will receive an invite to a Zoom interview via email, along with further details about the interview process.”
Original post by AlevelMaths16
It is the university assessment for that subject much like oxbridge

Its Essex Uni - they don't use aptitude tests for anything.
You probably misread this. Stop worrying and apply.

I have heard of the LNAT (The Law National Aptitude Test) through friends which some universities may ask you to complete but if it doesn't specify what it is I would assume it is just a general task in your interview if anything. I know for some degrees like nursing you might be asked to do a literacy and/or numeracy test on the day of your interview but I've never heard of it for a law degree. Have you tried looking at forums on here specifically for Law or University of Essex students, they may be able to give more guidance? You could also try contact the university via an admissions email that should be on their website.
Original post by xoAimeeRosexo
I have heard of the LNAT (The Law National Aptitude Test) through friends which some universities may ask you to complete

LNAT is only needed for applications to top Law Universities : Bristol, Oxford, Durham, UCL, Nottingham, Glasgow, KCL, SOAS, LSE.

ie, not Unis like Essex.
LNAT is only needed for applications to top Law Universities : Bristol, Oxford, Durham, UCL, Nottingham, Glasgow, KCL, SOAS, LSE.

ie, not Unis like Essex.

Ah okay, I'm not applying to Law so I wasn't sure on exactly what universities required that. Good to know, hopefully the original poster sees this as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending