ll ACR ll
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, I am doing: maths, further maths, Computer science and physics as my A-levels. I am thinking of doing a degree in maths and computer science. what is it like to do a degree in maths and computer science and how big is the work load. People who are doing a maths or computer science degree, please give your view.
JJPSWFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hello, I'm studying maths at the University of York. It's definitely a lot more work than A-Level but in different ways to A-Level. I find that in A-Level you can get away with just doing what the teacher tells you to do, as soon as you get to university, you have to go off and do your own stuff. I have friends that are doing maths and computer science and from what I've been told, it's more than maths is. However, if you enjoy those subjects, you'll be fine .
ll ACR ll
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by JJPSWFC)
Hello, I'm studying maths at the University of York. It's definitely a lot more work than A-Level but in different ways to A-Level. I find that in A-Level you can get away with just doing what the teacher tells you to do, as soon as you get to university, you have to go off and do your own stuff. I have friends that are doing maths and computer science and from what I've been told, it's more than maths is. However, if you enjoy those subjects, you'll be fine .
that's nice. Thank you for your point of view. Also, what sort of maths do you look at in first year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.86%
Okay (106)
29.04%
A bit lacking (135)
36.99%
Not good at all (88)
24.11%

Watched Threads