The Student Room Group

I'm scared about my handwriting and need tips!

Hi all. I am writing as i am concerned my handwriting may be affecting my grades due to constant teacher feedback of some words or letters being illegible. I have attached a piece of my work I wrote earlier, and if anyone could please give feedback as to what's wrong with it, or give any tips to try and help me improve it would be very much appreciated.
Reply 1
How do you grip your pen, I think thats a big factor. Other than that i would just say take your time to write the words correctly. So build up the accuracy then the speed.
Hope this helps
Original post by pancakekreps
Hi all. I am writing as i am concerned my handwriting may be affecting my grades due to constant teacher feedback of some words or letters being illegible. I have attached a piece of my work I wrote earlier, and if anyone could please give feedback as to what's wrong with it, or give any tips to try and help me improve it would be very much appreciated.

You don’t properly write out each letter. For example, one of the sentences you have written is ‘They portray a valid picture’.

There are a few issues with it:
- The letter ‘T’ in ‘They’ does not look like a T. You have put a line on top but it doesn’t go fully across.
- The bottom part of the letter ‘h’ on ‘they’ is rather hard to see. It doesn’t look like the letter ‘h’.
- The curly part on the bottom of the letter ‘y’ on the word ‘portray’ could be drawn better. You need to draw a straight line going down and a slight curve towards the left. It will look much clearer if you do this.
- The letters ‘i’ and ‘d’ on the word ‘valid’ are too close. It makes the word hard to read. Also, make sure the line on the letter ‘i’ is longer than the dot that goes on top. It looks the same length in the picture you have uploaded.
- The letter ‘c’ in the word ‘picture’ is rather difficult to read. Same goes for the letter ‘t’.

It’s little things like this that is making your handwriting difficult to read. Fix these and hopefully it will look much better.

Quick Reply

Latest