The Student Room Group

guys help me out

so im having really bad luck with boys. my looks are fine but it's my personality. alot of guys hit me up, but after a conversation they will be like i don't think we will work out, even though i thought the conversation was going well :/ i realized that I'M the problem, and it's been making me feel *****y lately. i always said i don't want to change myself for a guy, and the right guy will come. but that's not happening so i need advice on what im doing wrong.

first off, alot of guys say that i talk like i'm on road, or like the "mandem", because i use a lot of slang. but i can't just change the way i talk, because everyone around me talks like this? idk if this is a big turn off.

secondly i'm very sarcastic. i feel like to the point my friends don't even know what is my true self and what is me being sarcastic. like if a guy asks "whats your body count" i'll automatically just say "too many to count" (just an example). i don't know if maybe they don't understand the sarcasm. i also say stuff like i'm talking to alot of guys (very sarcastically), maybe its a turn off?

i also like taking the piss out of guys as a joke, but guys do that to me so what's the problem really. i think being rude to eachother is lowkey flirting but maybe i'm the only one that thinks that.

these are the only things i can think of that might be a red flag to boys, maybe there's something else dont realize. i usually hold a good convo with guys and i have banter, so idk what i'm doing wrong. guys please offer any advice
The too many to count is a good answer to that question. You could soften the answer a little bit, or make it more apparent that you're joking around by answering:
Pause with your eyes looking up and to the right, "I lost count after" small smile "(name some figure)". You could say 2, or 18, or 14,733.

Most people aren't good at self diagnosing where they are going wrong when it comes to their woman to man social skills.

If you are too insulting about the men that you are talking to, then that becomes tiresome very quickly. Mix in a good amount of positive stuff or neutral stuff with anything negative you say about them.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
so im having really bad luck with boys. my looks are fine but it's my personality. alot of guys hit me up, but after a conversation they will be like i don't think we will work out, even though i thought the conversation was going well :/ i realized that I'M the problem, and it's been making me feel *****y lately. i always said i don't want to change myself for a guy, and the right guy will come. but that's not happening so i need advice on what im doing wrong.

first off, alot of guys say that i talk like i'm on road, or like the "mandem", because i use a lot of slang. but i can't just change the way i talk, because everyone around me talks like this? idk if this is a big turn off.

secondly i'm very sarcastic. i feel like to the point my friends don't even know what is my true self and what is me being sarcastic. like if a guy asks "whats your body count" i'll automatically just say "too many to count" (just an example). i don't know if maybe they don't understand the sarcasm. i also say stuff like i'm talking to alot of guys (very sarcastically), maybe its a turn off?

i also like taking the piss out of guys as a joke, but guys do that to me so what's the problem really. i think being rude to eachother is lowkey flirting but maybe i'm the only one that thinks that.

these are the only things i can think of that might be a red flag to boys, maybe there's something else dont realize. i usually hold a good convo with guys and i have banter, so idk what i'm doing wrong. guys please offer any advice

Lmao that would turn off 99% of men. You'd only be left with the ones that want to smash and dash. Just don't joke about that ever and your success rate will probably shoot way up.
(edited 2 years ago)
Tbh, it is quite hard to be sarcastic when messaging, even I sometimes don't understand it. I normally prefer to use sarcasm in person, and use it when I actually know the person well. You already stated that you can't change the way you talk, and literally if a guy doesn't like the way you talk that's their problem not yours. I loving taking the p*ss with guys as well, but again some guys will like it and some guys will like it, genuinely depends on the guy.

I honestly don't really see anything of a red flag that you are doing, I think you just got to be patient to find the right guy who will accept you for who you are :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending