The Student Room Group

a level chemistry

can anyone give an idea of how hard a level chemistry is? i want to take it next year but am at grade 7 gcse currently and not sure if i’ll be up for it - i heard it’s practically the hardest one! thanks
hey! I'm in year two of A Level Chemistry and honestly, I say that some aspects of A Level are easier than GCSE as it goes into more depth and detail so all the theories make more sense. However saying that, there are some parts that are hard especially if you don't have a strong GCSE foundation originally. I think all the sciences and subjects are all difficult in their own way and it's what you struggle with most. I would say that if you struggle with moles, writing/balancing equations, organic chemistry (alkenes, alkanes etc) then you will struggle with A level as these are like the main building blocks as such. But if you enjoy it and work hard at it then you will do well but perhaps speak to your chemistry teacher about if they think you will be capable at a level just because while a 7 is still an amazing mark, for most sixth forms a 7 is the bare minimum you need as below that you will struggle. Saying all this, it is a fun subject and is my favourite out of my three. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Quick Reply

Latest