Can someone mark my 8 marker for GCSE Geography Edexcel B exam?

Watch this thread
z4ra.x
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(g) Assess the reasons why some countries are more vulnerable that others to the impacts of tropical cyclones (8)

This response will assess why some countries are more vulnerable than others to the impacts of tropical cyclones.

One reason why some countries are more vulnerable that others to the impacts of tropical cyclones is because they have forecasting and tracking in place. To explain, some countries have money to spend on tracking devices to track an upcoming cyclone. This means that they have enough money to spend on prevention of cyclones. This leads to the country becoming more prepared for the cyclone. Therefore, the country won't be as vulnerable. This is a significant reason because it allows countries to prepare for the cyclones, so they can avoid any significant impacts.

Another reason why some countries are more vulnerable than others to the impacts of tropical cyclones is because they have methods of prevention such a cyclone-proof building. To explain, the country have built buildings that are resistant to tropical cyclones and other hazardous impacts. This means that the country have enough money to spend on buildings able to withstand a cyclone. This leads to the country not being immensely affected by cyclones. This is a significant reason because this won't make the country vulnerable as the environment won't be damaged as much.

To conclude, the most significant reason why some countries are more vulnerable that others to tropical cyclones is forecasting and tracking. This is because it allows countries to be prepared for any upcoming tropical cyclones, and to take action amongst them.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
Hello

This is a good answer so far. You may wish to use facts and numbers and stats as well
however.
Ti12
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
It is very good but I think you should add a specfic countries which has use forcasting & tracking or cyclones proof buildings and how it has decrease the impact of the cyclones for them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (90)
67.67%
No (29)
21.8%
I didn't use it to prepare (14)
10.53%

Watched Threads