Question for English Lit uni students - dream job?

Watch this thread
searose07
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
For all those English Lit uni students out there, I'm just wondering: what are you all hoping to become?

(I'm asking as someone who wants to do English Lit for uni but doesn't know what to do for a job after that)
oh.phebs
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
Originally I wanted to do english lit in uni as i prefer it over language, but it makes career opportunities quite limited. So now i’m going to study english lit and lang then do teacher training to become a teacher!
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Thread has been moved to 'English and linguistics'.
unnotabelle
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I'm just a few weeks into my course so I'm not completely sure yet, but I love the idea of becoming an academic/non-fiction writer!
abigail.ody
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi! Just seeing this: I'm trying to break into the publishing industry. You can also do something in media
e.m1002
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'd love to lecture in English and/or go into academia, getting stuff published! But also considering secondary school teaching.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (2)
25%
The paper was reasonable (4)
50%
Not feeling great about that exam... (2)
25%
It was TERRIBLE (0)
0%

Watched Threads