dejwkrew
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
what are the main things you learn in english in primary and secondary school?
please don't copy from the UK national curriculum coz that is just full of jargon that no one understands.
Last edited by dejwkrew; 4 weeks ago
sciencelover37
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dejwkrew)
please don't copy from the UK national curriculum coz that is just full of jargon that no one understands.
From what I remember, in primary school we mainly did grammar and comprehension (i.e reading a short passage and answering questions about it) and spelling. In secondary school you learn about descriptive and creative writing, how to write essays, and each year you go over a different Shakespeare book. I hope this helps.
uglyplushy
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
hello

adding on to what the user above me said, in secondary you also learn about structures of non fiction texts (e.g. speeches, articles, blogs, reviews) and writing in that style. you also learn about different literary techniques (e.g. personification, metaphors), how to recognise them and how to use them effectively.
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
how to write essays
how to write up newspaper articles
what a good book is
how to do a book report
ways in which to design a mini colourful leaflet
methods in which to structure a speech
techniques for exam writing
dejwkrew
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sciencelover37)
From what I remember, in primary school we mainly did grammar and comprehension (i.e reading a short passage and answering questions about it) and spelling. In secondary school you learn about descriptive and creative writing, how to write essays, and each year you go over a different Shakespeare book. I hope this helps.
Thank u 😁😁
dejwkrew
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
how to write essays
what a good book is
how to do a book report
Thank you 😁😁
dejwkrew
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
how to write essays
what a good book is
how to do a book report
(Original post by uglyplushy)
hello

adding on to what the user above me said, in secondary you also learn about structures of non fiction texts (e.g. speeches, articles, blogs, reviews) and writing in that style. you also learn about different literary techniques (e.g. personification, metaphors), how to recognise them and how to use them effectively.
Thank u 😁😁
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank u 😁😁
np
sciencelover37
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank u 😁😁
No worries
uglyplushy
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank u 😁😁
no problem!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads