abby.212
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey,
I’m in year 11 and would like any tips on how to secure good grades in GCSE please.
I take maths, possibly further maths, English lit/lang, all sciences (double), spanish, drama, art and pe.
I’m aiming for grades 7-9 depending on the subject and would appreciate any advice that would help me to get those grades

oh.phebs
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
take time to revise and start early! ideally a few months before exams so it’s easier. buy or borrow revision guides cuz they can be quite expensive and bring them to every lesson, organise your notes in folders, do active recall revision (look on youtube at how to do it) , make flash cards and practice exam questions!
but most importantly take time to enjoy yourself as school years are the best years of your life so don’t get too caught up in the studying!! x
abby.212
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you! That’s so helpful x
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by abby.212)
Hey,
I’m in year 11 and would like any tips on how to secure good grades in GCSE please.
I take maths, possibly further maths, English lit/lang, all sciences (double), spanish, drama, art and pe.
I’m aiming for grades 7-9 depending on the subject and would appreciate any advice that would help me to get those grades
Dump FMaths and focus on the others ....
for Maths these are great: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...eets&term=GCSE
tals57
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
definitely take your time to analyse because this is where you pick up the marks. When you analyse you need to back it up with evidence from the novel/extract etc. Also don't worry too much about writing 8 or 9 paragraphs with little detail, as long as you have 4 or 5 solid paragraphs with full analysis you'll be good!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.84%
Okay (106)
28.96%
A bit lacking (135)
36.89%
Not good at all (89)
24.32%

Watched Threads