Social Media Marketing// Strategy

Watch this thread
username5580144
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi so i'm trying to create a social media marketing brand and i'm working on the strategy/objectives for my clients.

1. Discovery = getting to know the client's business
2. Target Audience = understanding what social media platforms the business use and getting to understand their target audience
3. Goals = creating business goals, e.g drive traffic, sell a product, brand awareness etc...
4. Develop Content = creative part of designing social media posts etc...monthly content
5. Reporting and Communication = reviewing weekly or monthly reports
6. Growth = monitoring activity

Am I on the right track?...this is a new field to me I've done a lot of research Do you have any advice??

Feel free to add things I need to improve, Thank you (:
da_nolo
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DS76)
Hi so i'm trying to create a social media marketing brand and i'm working on the strategy/objectives for my clients.

2. Target Audience = understanding what social media platforms the business use and getting to understand their target audience
3. Goals = creating business goals, e.g drive traffic, sell a product, brand awareness etc...
4. Develop Content = creative part of designing social media posts etc...monthly content

Am I on the right track?...this is a new field to me I've done a lot of research Do you have any advice??

it looks okay. although this is a draft check out smart goal system to help divide all these things into achievable activities.

also looks like you are making a brand or a marketing campaign? two different things. brand or branding is how people look at you.

1. part of discovery or add as a different number 2 (just lower everything else. so 2 becomes 3. 3 becomes 4. and so forth) is to know client's culture. a company's culture is part of the message displayed over social media. any media really, trucks are shown in deserts or forests where as sedans/ luxury cars are on race tracks.

this is used to connect with the target audience.

2. which social media platforms are used is based on what target audience will use. so you may want to reword this part as knowing demographics and target audience first, then select media platforms based on the target audience. not big deal, but helps keep process known and simple.

3. goals. all of these things are goals really. so step 3 can be confusing. marketing campaign is part of brand awareness.

what specifically do you mean here?

4. develop content? cool. have ideas in mind?

5. reporting. is this section for analysis or is that part 6? always good to know how people respond to what you do.. good idea.
Last edited by da_nolo; 6 months ago
username5580144
Rep:
(Original post by da_nolo)
it looks okay. although this is a draft check out smart goal system to help divide all these things into achievable activities.

also looks like you are making a brand or a marketing campaign? two different things. brand or branding is how people look at you.

1. part of discovery or add as a different number 2 (just lower everything else. so 2 becomes 3. 3 becomes 4. and so forth) is to know client's culture. a company's culture is part of the message displayed over social media. any media really, trucks are shown in deserts or forests where as sedans/ luxury cars are on race tracks.

this is used to connect with the target audience.

2. which social media platforms are used is based on what target audience will use. so you may want to reword this part as knowing demographics and target audience first, then select media platforms based on the target audience. not big deal, but helps keep process known and simple.

3. goals. all of these things are goals really. so step 3 can be confusing. marketing campaign is part of brand awareness.

what specifically do you mean here?

4. develop content? cool. have ideas in mind?

5. reporting. is this section for analysis or is that part 6? always good to know how people respond to what you do.. good idea.
Hi,

Thank you so much for this, it has been really helpful. I am trying to make a social media marketing campaign.

Just wanted to ask you a few things

1. To clarify I want to create a social media campaign so, For "Discovery" are you suggesting that I should delete this section but to keep the following steps 2,3,4 etc...

2. For "Goals", could you perhaps provide me some pointers or examples on how to make it sound appropriate for a social media marketing campaign?

3. For "Reporting" Again the same thing, could you perhaps provide me some pointers or examples on how to make it sound appropriate for a social media marketing campaign? Does reporting include: customer feed back or comments??

4. Any other suggestions, would really help - thank you

Thank you anyway, I would really appreciate your help as it seems you are very knowledgeable in this field

btw I know it may sound stupid but is there a difference between social media marketing and social media strategy?
Last edited by username5580144; 6 months ago
da_nolo
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DS76)
Hi,

Thank you so much for this, it has been really helpful. I am trying to make a social media marketing campaign.

Just wanted to ask you a few things

1. To clarify I want to create a social media campaign so, For "Discovery" are you suggesting that I should delete this section but to keep the following steps 2,3,4 etc...

2. For "Goals", could you perhaps provide me some pointers or examples on how to make it sound appropriate for a social media marketing campaign?

3. For "Reporting" Again the same thing, could you perhaps provide me some pointers or examples on how to make it sound appropriate for a social media marketing campaign? Does reporting include: customer feed back or comments??

4. Any other suggestions, would really help - thank you

Thank you anyway, I would really appreciate your help as it seems you are very knowledgeable in this field

btw I know it may sound stupid but is there a difference between social media marketing and social media strategy?
well to let you know my edication in marketing was in another country and some time ago, so lingo can change. you may have to explain what you are trying to do with more depth for your origional parts 5., 6., and 3 (goals).

1. for discovery I suggest including the company's culture along with their mission statement, and other parts to know who the client is.

for example if your client is dr sqatch soap company...
https://drsquatch.com/pages/the-squatch-difference

then you want to know who they are and what image they want to have - "culture". if you seen their commercials they present themselves as the mans man of natural health care. they are bearded wilderness men that have civilization and rugedness flowing in their blood. this is their culture.

however, you can seperate the discovery stage into two parts which is why I said culture could be number 2 but in reality, doing it all at once is better.

2. so once you have company culture, it gives idea who they are trying to sell to and we look at sales demographics to see who is buying. this helps pinpoint target audience.

we usually look at past marketing campaigns to see how well things went but some of this info is limited so up to you if you really want to include it. if this is for school Id skip it, so ask professor for middle ground.

anyways...this is where we start getting into goals.
I got confused earlier so scratch what I said or asked.
uh. best way to make something sound professional is keep it concise, simple, 1 or 2 sentences. then bullet point if you need to explain how the goal is to ne accomplished.

ex: I would -
use trends increase social media traffic by 10% within 6 month period.
a. research current traffic
b. research trends or what is popular
c. participate in online trends i.e. bucket challenge
d. develop project similar to trends i.e. flash mob bucket challenge
e. etc.
f. analyze target market opinion about company and social media traffic by month 5
g. build new plan and direction using month 5 research by month 6.

but again this is a draft I am rushing it. always doubke check advise. there is a lot of info to find out there.

3. again to sound professional I think best is to keep things concise and simple. so simple words to describe research being done to find out how the campaign is doing. how people respond to it. even if you use surveys and other things, thats okay.

for example above, may just look into how many people share posts, like posts, and visit a fan page or what ever.

I cant think of any other suggestion other than research marketing campaigns on pinterest and google. sometimes there are simplified versions of what to do or can be done. but Id still say dont be afriad to move away from it a little.

thats all i can think of. thanks for inquiry. nice to use the brain on this stuff now and then.
HanieOfRivia
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DS76)

hey! i’m trying to do the same thing!! i think it’d be cool if we get to know each other, it’s useful to have connections with people who are on the same track as you! we can give each other advice etc. let me know if you’re down for that!
username5580144
Rep:
(Original post by da_nolo)
well to let you know my edication in marketing was in another country and some time ago, so lingo can change. you may have to explain what you are trying to do with more depth for your origional parts 5., 6., and 3 (goals).

1. for discovery I suggest including the company's culture along with their mission statement, and other parts to know who the client is.

for example if your client is dr sqatch soap company...
https://drsquatch.com/pages/the-squatch-difference

then you want to know who they are and what image they want to have - "culture". if you seen their commercials they present themselves as the mans man of natural health care. they are bearded wilderness men that have civilization and rugedness flowing in their blood. this is their culture.

however, you can seperate the discovery stage into two parts which is why I said culture could be number 2 but in reality, doing it all at once is better.

2. so once you have company culture, it gives idea who they are trying to sell to and we look at sales demographics to see who is buying. this helps pinpoint target audience.

we usually look at past marketing campaigns to see how well things went but some of this info is limited so up to you if you really want to include it. if this is for school Id skip it, so ask professor for middle ground.

anyways...this is where we start getting into goals.
I got confused earlier so scratch what I said or asked.
uh. best way to make something sound professional is keep it concise, simple, 1 or 2 sentences. then bullet point if you need to explain how the goal is to ne accomplished.

ex: I would -
use trends increase social media traffic by 10% within 6 month period.
a. research current traffic
b. research trends or what is popular
c. participate in online trends i.e. bucket challenge
d. develop project similar to trends i.e. flash mob bucket challenge
e. etc.
f. analyze target market opinion about company and social media traffic by month 5
g. build new plan and direction using month 5 research by month 6.

but again this is a draft I am rushing it. always doubke check advise. there is a lot of info to find out there.

3. again to sound professional I think best is to keep things concise and simple. so simple words to describe research being done to find out how the campaign is doing. how people respond to it. even if you use surveys and other things, thats okay.

for example above, may just look into how many people share posts, like posts, and visit a fan page or what ever.

I cant think of any other suggestion other than research marketing campaigns on pinterest and google. sometimes there are simplified versions of what to do or can be done. but Id still say dont be afriad to move away from it a little.

thats all i can think of. thanks for inquiry. nice to use the brain on this stuff now and then.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.13%
The paper was reasonable (136)
37.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.51%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.21%

Watched Threads