The Student Room Group

2022 Oxford Applicants - Chemistry

I haven't seen any page or thread for people applying for 2022 entry for chem at oxford but I've seen a few for other courses there, and I thought it'd be useful and nice to have one, even if it's only about a month before interviews.

Do say what college you applied to or if you did an open application :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 15con46
I haven't seen any page or thread for people applying for 2022 entry for chem at oxford but I've seen a few for other courses there, and I thought it'd be useful and nice to have one, even if it's only about a month before interviews.

Do say what college you applied to or if you did an open application :smile:

Hi! I applied to Lincoln :smile:
I applied to New College
Hey I applied to Hertford College :smile:
Reply 4
Hi there! I applied to Jesus and recently filled in the additional details form for them, I actually don't have the technology requirements because I don't have a touchscreen device. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by sdwood125
Hi there! I applied to Jesus and recently filled in the additional details form for them, I actually don't have the technology requirements because I don't have a touchscreen device. Is anyone else in the same boat?

What is the additional details form? Did you get that when you got an interview invitation?
Reply 6
Original post by booklover1313
What is the additional details form? Did you get that when you got an interview invitation?

Well its what I thought would be an interview invitation but it clearly highlighted that it was NOT AN INTERVIEW INVITATION and that it was to be filled in URGENTLY. It just asked personal details and how I intended on taking an interview if I were to be offered one (whether I'd take it from home and if I had the tech for it, which is listed on their website). Yet I can't understand why I would have to fill this in if I wan't being offered an interview unless everyone else has already done this form??
Original post by sdwood125
Well its what I thought would be an interview invitation but it clearly highlighted that it was NOT AN INTERVIEW INVITATION and that it was to be filled in URGENTLY. It just asked personal details and how I intended on taking an interview if I were to be offered one (whether I'd take it from home and if I had the tech for it, which is listed on their website). Yet I can't understand why I would have to fill this in if I wan't being offered an interview unless everyone else has already done this form??

Does your application fall under widening access/from a disadvantaged area? I haven't been sent a form like that, but maybe it varies from college-to-college?
Hi! I applied open and was allocated to Oriel
Reply 9
Original post by booklover1313
Does your application fall under widening access/from a disadvantaged area? I haven't been sent a form like that, but maybe it varies from college-to-college?

Its my fault, in my confirmation email from the college I have just noticed that they asked me to fill in the form and that its a form that only Jesus use get extra information
Reply 10
Hi, I applied to Jesus College:smile:
Just got invited to an interview for Jesus!
Reply 12
Hi, just got an invitation to the interview - although I was reallocated form Jesus to another college. Don't know which one though.
Original post by GlebI
Hi, just got an invitation to the interview - although I was reallocated form Jesus to another college. Don't know which one though.

Congrats!!! I've been invited to one at Lincoln
Hiii everyone, I applied to LMH :smile:
Original post by ancellao
could you please send me a copy of your statement , if u dont mind.I am so anxious about mine since they still havent got back to me.

Different colleges will get back to you at different times, honestly if you haven't been rejected, it means they are still considering you! You will probably hear this week :smile:
Original post by m4d2
Hi I just got an interview from St. Peter’s College! Although I am a bit confused as I applied for a different college, does this mean if I get an offer it will be for St. Peter’s College or for the one I originally applied for?

I think you would get an offer from St. Peter's College, but you could also be interviewed at another college and get a place there. I think you could also be offered a place at a college where you weren't interviewed, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Reply 17
Waiting on tenterhooks to hear back from Christchurch, have friends with interviews at Keble and another who got pooled from Magdalen to St Cats
(edited 2 years ago)
Got an interview today from LMH!
Are you guys doing anything to prepare for interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest