ell0941
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi!
I’m on cerazette and I take it at roughly the same time everyday (within an hour) of the same time.

So, when me and my boyfriend have sex, he uses condoms and as mentioned I’m on the pill. He also uses the pull out method, so he pulls out, takes the condom off and then finishes somewhere elsewhere.
Anyway on this pill I don’t really have periods I just have the odd show here and there, so now I’m stressing about the risk of pregnancy with these three contraceptions combined? I’m only thinking of this now because I’ve not had a ‘show’ in like 2 months so of course I’m thinking the worst.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Given the number of methods, slight over kill in ones opinion but hey ho, its rather unlikely to say the least. Only way to know for certain is to take a test though.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ell0941)
Hi!
I’m on cerazette and I take it at roughly the same time everyday (within an hour) of the same time.

So, when me and my boyfriend have sex, he uses condoms and as mentioned I’m on the pill. He also uses the pull out method, so he pulls out, takes the condom off and then finishes somewhere elsewhere.
Anyway on this pill I don’t really have periods I just have the odd show here and there, so now I’m stressing about the risk of pregnancy with these three contraceptions combined? I’m only thinking of this now because I’ve not had a ‘show’ in like 2 months so of course I’m thinking the worst.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Perhaps you should get a coil fitted as well? And ask your boyfriend to have a vasectomy?

Seriously, if you're that worried then take a test but you are making yourself worried for no reason.

My wife has been on cerazette for years and sometimes she gets what you call a "show" and sometimes she doesn't.
super_hannah
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you're fine. I'm on cerazette mini pill too and I also have the implant and me and my boyfriend don't use condoms and I've never had a pregnancy scare and we've been together 2.5 years. With the mini pill your period can be a bit irregular from time to time too. I wouldn't worry but if you're unsure, take a test
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
10.08%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (8)
3.36%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.3%
Finding the motivation (65)
27.31%
Getting distracted (44)
18.49%
Procrastination (79)
33.19%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.42%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
0.84%

Watched Threads