Gateway to medicine at Bristol- urgent

Watch
coffee alert
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've applied earlier to the above course without realising I'm not eligible...will I still have the chance to be considered or will I be rejected immediately after seeing my application- and that I'm not eligible. I can't change my choice since it's already been submitted to the university of Bristol. If not there is probably nothing I can do but if I can have guidance on maybe what to do next for that option.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by coffee alert)
I've applied earlier to the above course without realising I'm not eligible...will I still have the chance to be considered or will I be rejected immediately after seeing my application- and that I'm not eligible. I can't change my choice since it's already been submitted to the university of Bristol. If not there is probably nothing I can do but if I can have guidance on maybe what to do next for that option.
You will be considered... and then you'd be rejected I'm afraid. Make sure (if you do have to apply again, hopefully not!) that you have double and triple checked eligibility and entry requirements!

Also, for further questions post in the dedicated Bristol A108 2022 entry thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7109178

For future reference, there is a thread for each UK med school and their course, here is the index: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6962492
Last edited by ecolier; 2 months ago
coffee alert
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
well...i got rejected but thank you for your help. ive got offers from all my other unis and i'm thinking of studying biomedical science and transferring to medicine if all goes well...if not then im sure i can find a way to find a career that's suited for me- just may not be a doctor
Last edited by coffee alert; 1 week ago
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
well...i got rejected but thank you for your help. ive got offers from all my other unis and i'm thinking of studying biomedical science and transferring to medicine if all goes well...if not then im sure i can find a way to find a career that's suited for me- just may not be a doctor
Never ever do a degree with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine. It will take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much, much more competitive.

Transfer schemes are even worse than GEM because it's even more competitive, and you are limited to that one med school.

Just take a gap year and reapply, it's not the end of the world.
coffee alert
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
thank you all for your help. i've got 4 conditional offers for biomedical science and i have looked into a gap year and i don't think i would like it so i've decided to go into biomedicine and see where i go as i still want to be involved in the medical field in some form
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
thank you all for your help. i've got 4 conditional offers for biomedical science and i have looked into a gap year and i don't think i would like it so i've decided to go into biomedicine and see where i go as i still want to be involved in the medical field in some form
Have you looked at Physician Associate?

It's similar to working as a junior doctor, and there are 2 undergrad courses to become a PA.

As long as you realise that if you ended up doing another degree, you'd statistically be unlikely to be able to study medicine - then you are making an informed decision and that's OK!
coffee alert
Rep:
i have looked into physician associate however it did not appeal to me as much...it did take me a while to confirm my decision but i don't think i'll stray too far from the medical field- maybe be a clinical technician and work with blood samples or cancer research so that in someway im still helping people which was my main inspiration into becoming a doctor
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
i have looked into physician associate however it did not appeal to me as much...it did take me a while to confirm my decision but i don't think i'll stray too far from the medical field- maybe be a clinical technician and work with blood samples or cancer research so that in someway im still helping people which was my main inspiration into becoming a doctor
:goodluck:
coffee alert
Rep:
thank you so much for your help as well!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
Just be aware that securing these jobs is difficult because they’re very competitive. You’ll be applying for a long time and will probably have to settle for other jobs first and work your way up.
coffee alert
Rep:
ok thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7%
October 2021 (116)
47.74%
November 2021 (24)
9.88%
December 2021 (32)
13.17%
January 2021 (21)
8.64%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.7%