Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
sleepyeba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want the olympics here... shame it wouldn't be whilst I was at uni in London though
leedsblade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Burnley fans probably thought that when they got drawn against Liverpool but look what happened.
True but I don't have much hope. Having said that, we did well at OT v Arsenal in the cup semi back in 2003.

Gemx
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Great win by Jimmy! :eek: :eek: :eek:
sleepyeba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
but apparently if you go out to row topless there's some funny rule about having to cover your nipples with plasters! :confused:
(Original post by Sam_B)
LOL, really? thats funny. why do u have to do that?
:s: I thought you meant topless women - what would be the point of plasters?! You could do some real damage if you yanked off the plaster hard :eek:
Someone answer the nipple question!!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by leedsblade)
True but I don't have much hope. Having said that, we did well at OT v Arsenal in the cup semi back in 2003.
Why don't you have much hope? If they underestimate you or have a bad spot such as bad refereeing, they could easily go out in a cup competition.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When your manager (who is supposed to defend his players) says this:

(Original post by SCFC OFFICIAL WEBSITE)
Chris Turner slammed his side after the disappointing 2-1 home defeat by Port Vale, labelling his side's performance as "pathetic".

The Hatters pressed the self-destruct button once again as goals from Nathan Lowndes and Billy Paynter sent them crashing to a poor defeat against a Vale side that had lost six of their last eight games.

And the County boss was quick to make his feelings known after the game. "Today's performance was absolutely pathetic, it was an embarrassment to professional football," Turner told County World afterwards.

"The players cheated everybody connected with Stockport County. They cheated themselves. They cheated their manager.

"And, more importantly, they cheated the supporters who are the ones that come here and pay their money.

"Some of them have got to take a good look at themselves and ask them what they are doing here.

"We might as well say it because the fans definitely know it that we're relegated. It doesn't matter how many games we've got left, whatever tactics or formation I play at the moment, they're simply not good enough.

"We're not good enough to stay in this league. We're not even good enough at the moment to make a fight of it. The goals that we gave away today were absolutely pathetic."
And some people whinge when their team don't win for two games :rolleyes:

Oh the joys of being a County fan
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it's in regards to men going topless......apparently you arent allowed to show nipples since it's "unpleasent" however they cant stop you showing off the rest of your skin, since it's technically no different to wearing a sleevless top type thing....so you can do that...you just have to cover up the nipples!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's the first time I've come across something like that.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's the first time I've come across something like that.
Look up where we are in the league. We're breaking records...

...bad records.
piemonster411
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)

...bad records.
lol :eek:
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At least you've got an honest manager. Ours at Lincoln, Keith Alexander, is like that. They're few and far between. Still, Turner's not (quite) as bad as Carlton Palmer is he?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It doesn't look too good being bottom of League One. If you are relegated do you feel you can be promoted promptly?
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's all I can think of. But you can't always blame your goalkeeper when looking at goals conceded.
no I was looking at saves per match, Lehmann was doing very poorly, I can't remember the figures anymore. But it was very poor.

All I meant was that there was no real edge going forward from any team, there were no real chances, although thinking about it Sheffield did do very well when they went to 10 men.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
At least you've got an honest manager. Ours at Lincoln, Keith Alexander, is like that. They're few and far between. Still, Turner's not (quite) as bad as Carlton Palmer is he?
A used tea bag would've been better than Carlton Palmer. It also would've been twice as likeable.

Although Turner's being honest, none of the players playing for Stockport are his signings yet, so I suppose he's got a pretty free hand at what to say. They're just the scum thats been washed up from the Kilner-Palmer-McIlroy era and haven't been able to escape yet.

Luckily, 17 players are out of contract in the summer, so we're shipping the whole lot out. However, Cheshire Sports (the scumbags that bought us just so they could use our ground for Sale Sharks) are not the most supportive of owners. So far they've ensued a policy of selling anyone with an ounce of talent or anyone who's on an average wage. They seem to be operating a 5 out, one in policy.

Whats more depressing is that our owner, Brian Kennedy, is worth £150 million.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
no I was looking at saves per match, Lehmann was doing very poorly, I can't remember the figures anymore. But it was very poor.
Well certain statistics I'm dubious of but I think in this case you get the general idea. Why didn't Wenger try and get hold of Scott Carson?

(Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
although thinking about it Sheffield did do very well when they went to 10 men.
Something to consider.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It doesn't look too good being bottom of League One. If you are relegated do you feel you can be promoted promptly?
HA! No chance!!!

Seriously, if the current crop of players, and the current policy of the owners, are anything to go by, then we'll struggle to maintain league status (just like the previous 5 decades before the 90s). There is very little difference in quality between League One and League Two. Most teams that get relegated from One struggle in Two - however no ones been relegated so spectacuarly from One as we're about to :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Most teams that get relegated from One struggle in Two - however no ones been relegated so spectacuarly from One as we're about to :eek:
Well, only time will tell.
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi, i am doing the women's hydro 5km run in September, and i have never done anything like it before in my life. I was just wondering if anyone had any training ideas/routines/plans, etc that would help me as i have no idea how to train.
Thanks.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Whats hydro sorry?
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Whats hydro sorry?
Lucozade, it's just the company running it, it used to be another Flora one. http://www.womenschallenge.co.uk
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise