Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Can you blame me considering the TV coverage that Premiership teams get compared to the Championship?
Not really, i don't watch that much Championship football to be honest.

I'll watch anything with Reading as they're my local side, and i'll watch some games that look exciting, but on the whole i'll give it a miss.

I'm just suprised that you maybe hadn't heard of him from his days at Leeds when they were a top side. He was awesome for them for a number of years, and was a top class pro.

I think he got like 100 caps, although i'm not too sure.

One other thing, what was with the European team having a South-American defender?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
One other thing, what was with the European team having a South-American defender?
Born in Brazil but of Portuguese nationality?
Scout
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm right handed and play left mid or defence i dont think it makes a difference, the only problem is getting your feet round which has nothing to do with being left handed.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I prefer playing on the left for football, when I play winger, but I'm not totally right footed as I used to use my left foot in the high jump. So yeah it must be the feet.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh no, not Deco. I'm sure there was a uruguayan defender playing for the Europeans, although i can't think who it was now. EDIT: I just remembered - It was Paolo Montero. I wonder why he played for the Europeans?

I aslo came across this when i was looking for info:

(Original post by Skysports.com)
Barcelona star Deco has taken a swipe at former boss Jose Mourinho after no Chelsea players participated in the Tsunami charity match on Tuesday night.

The Portuguese international was a key performer in Mourinho's Porto side that clinched a European and domestic double last season, and appeared convinced it was down to his former coach that the four Blues stars selected for the game - John Terry, Frank Lampard, Geremi and Didier Drogba - failed to make the trip.

Chelsea take on Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League showdown next week, and Deco believes Mourinho was taking no chances with his key performers - even if it meant disappointing the organizers of the fund-raiser.

"All players really wanted to play in this game," stated Deco.

"It's certain that Mourinho had something to do with them not coming."

Another of the protagonists in Tuesday's showpiece event, Milan's Andrei Shevchenko, admitted he was particularly looking forward to the Chelsea - Barca clash, but wouldn't be drawn on a winner.

"Barca are a great team, I know because I have played against them," he stated.

"Mourinho's team are very solid.

"It's a very interesting tie, balanced and the team who arrives in best shape will win."
Found here!

Looks like Terry and Lampard were selected, along with Geremi and of course Drogba aswell. Mourinho didn't let them go though, what an arse.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Looks like Terry and Lampard were selected, along with Geremi and of course Drogba aswell. Mourinho didn't let them go though, what an arse.
I suspected he had something to do with it. Nice to see Chevshenko's interest in the Barcelona/Chelsea fixture :p:

Personally, for the manager, I would have had Alex Ferguson.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I suspected he had something to do with it. Nice to see Chevshenko's interest in the Barcelona/Chelsea fixture :p:

Personally, for the manager, I would have had Alex Ferguson.
Yeah, Fergie should have been involved somehow. He has a much better record then Wenger, and IMO is a better manager.

Also, i'm getting the impression from the match the Mourinho is more worried about the tie with Barcelona then Rijkaard is about it.

I mean he happily allowed his Barca players to take part - i think there was 5 of them - so he can't be overly worried about it. :p:

I think Mourinho's scared. :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think Mourinho's scared. :p:
I doubt that. He wanted Barcelona before the draw took place and why not. Barcelona are losing it to Real Madrid recently and have injuriy problems.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For anyone interested

'World XI v Europe XI - Football for Hope' Repeat is on tonight 12:50am - 2:30am ITV1.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
For anyone interested

'World XI v Europe XI - Football for Hope' Repeat is on tonight 12:50am - 2:30am ITV1.
Thanks.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
your strong hand makes little difference to your position as unlike cricket everyone plays with the same hand positions. As another poster has said your feet are more important.
canuck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Its official, no hockey this year. All over bloody salaries. People here are livid.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/natio...st050216b.html
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This has been running for ages no?

Seem to recall being told about it some time ago as a lot of the players are plying their trade in lesser european leagues.
hollywollydoodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if we beat france, there will be no stopping us. (welsh girly here). I reckon we can do it. I would pay so much money to get tickets for the ireland/wales match in cardiff. I went two years ago when the score was somehting like 22-21 to ireland, what an atmosphere! Especially if it was to be the grand-slam decider!
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And just for Wales here, GO BRENT COCKBAIN!!!!!!!
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anyone know of any shops or websites where you can get shirts and kits of lower division and/or foreign clubs?

Danke Schon!
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
JJB sells real madrid/juventus/Barcelona and other clubs shirts... i think you can get big club shirts from them online too
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by streetfighter)
Because i'm such a nice guy:
FA Cup:

Saturday:
Fulham Vs. Derby
Hartlepool Utd Vs. Brentford
Tottenham Hotspur Vs. West Bromwich Albion
Sunday
Sheffield United Vs. West Ham United

Premiership

Saturday
Everton Vs Chelsea
Birmingham Vs. Liverpool
Blackburn Rovers Vs. Norwich City
Portsmouth Vs. Aston Villa
Bolton WanderersVs. Middlesbrough
Sunday:
Manchester City Vs. Manchester United
Monday:
Arsenal Vs. Crystal Palace

Cindy's results
Sat
aaad void (Chelsea match)
Sun
bbbbda

so are you saying
there are only 2 games on sun??? :confused:
Im really confused now :confused:
Oh I dont know I di do it in a rush. Leave me alone.
*kick pebbles on floor and looks bashful
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Cmon Higgins! :cool:
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Kitbag.com
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed