Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth :rolleyes:

and Brighton to stay up in "the championship "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Skippy*)
    PALACE (well prob not but I can hope)!
    Hell yeah

But to be honest I can't see further than Arsenal. Chelsea wll probably need another year to get the better of them.

ReputationRep:
    ermmm just to let everyone know (for no particular reason) that Irfan Pathan visited Newvic Sixth Form College (East London) on Tuesday and provided their cricket team with some bowling tips. However, sadly he was booed throughout the college and humiliated and called strange names for some reason, the management of the cricket team at Newvic was furious at college students response, and this resulted in cancellation of pakistani pace man Sami's visit to the college. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    why on EARTH would they boo him? hes been superb for india so fr, was it pakistanis who were booing? if it was indians booing then i just cannot understand why. the ridiculous thing is that i bet they wouldnt boo sami, who at the moment isnt half the bowler pathan is, he hasnt got a cricketing brain and while promising much, has done little to warrant a place in the side, a test average of 45 after 15 tests is pathetic, yes pathan averages 38 in tests but he has only played 5 tests,sami has played 10 more, AND pathans first 2 tests were against australia. i think we all know who is the better bowler, and i bet sami wont get booed

thats horrible behaviour, who exactly was booing him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    why on EARTH would they boo him? hes been superb for india so fr, was it pakistanis who were booing? if it was indians booing then i just cannot understand why. the ridiculous thing is that i bet they wouldnt boo sami, who at the moment isnt half the bowler pathan is, he hasnt got a cricketing brain and while promising much, has done little to warrant a place in the side, a test average of 45 after 15 tests is pathetic, yes pathan averages 38 in tests but he has only played 5 tests,sami has played 10 more, AND pathans first 2 tests were against australia. i think we all know who is the better bowler, and i bet sami wont get booed

thats horrible behaviour, who exactly was booing him?
    apparently the college has the highest number of indians in the borough... :rolleyes: and Sami's visit was cancelled due to the same reason that he might get booed too...

he got humiliated badly...

ReputationRep:
    when you say humiliated can you elaborate please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    when you say humiliated can you elaborate please?
    u know he was called name like freshy, loser, etc...but this is when he met some college students and moving through the college. however the cricket team at Newvic greatly appreciated him and were very keen when he was giving them tips...its only the "other" students made fun out of him...

ReputationRep:
    also

To go down:
    West Brom
    Man City
    Palace

To go up:
    Leeds United
    Leicster
    Stoke

ReputationRep:
    they called him that to his face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    they called him that to his face?
    yes lots of students in groups were calling him althought he could hear them but they were not allowed to come near him...
    i personally think its quite sad as he is an outstanding player and if i met him in person i would just be so shocked that wudnt be able to utter a word...

ReputationRep:
    its pathetic, ive met irfan and hes a very nice guy, and for these ***** to call him a loser reflects on them as this guy is loved by the whole of india after the way he has broken onto the world stage, the jokes on them

********s

ReputationRep:
    The International Cricket Council has nominated the umpires and match referees who will officiate in the four-match Test series between India and Australia. Ranjan Madugalle, from Sri Lanka, will be the ICC Match Referee, and Steve Bucknor (West Indies), Rudi Koertzen (South Africa), Billy Bowden (New Zealand), David Shepherd (England) and Aleem Dar (Pakistan) will be the umpires.

1st Test, Bangalore Steve Bucknor and Billy Bowden

2nd Test, Chennai Rudi Koertzen and David Shepherd

3rd Test, Nagpur Aleem Dar and David Shepherd

4th Test, Mumbai Aleem Dar and Rudi Koertzen

Match Referee Ranjan Madugalle

hey atleast we only got bucknor for one test ey!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Just found out that an well known ex-Premiership footballer has just signed for my local Northern Premier team
    http://sport.guardian.co.uk/smalltal...311163,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
    But to be honest I can't see further than Arsenal. Chelsea wll probably need another year to get the better of them.
    Chelsea have already got the better of them in their last match. Since last season Chelsea have been argued as a stronger team than last season :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    :eek: Just found out that an well known ex-Premiership footballer has just signed for my local Northern Premier team
    http://sport.guardian.co.uk/smalltal...311163,00.html
    I know the owner :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Chewsea, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    I know the owner :eek:
    Of Garforth?

ReputationRep:
    Chewsea, unfortunately.
    Unfortunately because it is Chelsea or unfortunately because it is not your team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Unfortunately because it is Chelsea or unfortunately because it is not your team?
    I'd just rather see Arsenal win because they play the better football. And you can't help thinking Chelsea are sort of 'cheating' their way to the top.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just rather see Arsenal win because they play the better football.
    Better in terms of what exactly?

And you can't help thinking Chelsea are sort of 'cheating' their way to the top.
    How are they 'cheating'?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.