Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do Fridays count?

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle a good team to go with to win it?

ReputationRep:
    oh I forgot its fa cup again this week. we only going to do 8 predictions?

ReputationRep:
    What about Champions League games involving British clubs only? Or is that going too far?

ReputationRep:
    Here are the Premiership fixtures http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...es/default.stm

ReputationRep:
    Out of the English teams in it, Middlesbrough are probably more likely.

ReputationRep:
    I've been after the away Auxerre shirt for a couple of seasons now, and haven't been able to find it. I've looked in every sports shop in the south of England, or so it seems.

I ordered it off of 2 websites, and then when it didn't arrive i contacted them to find out why and they said they didn't stock it any more.

I just want my shirt...

ReputationRep:
    get a cheapo trip to France...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canuck)
    Its official, no hockey this year. All over bloody salaries. People here are livid.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/natio...st050216b.html
    people here dont care :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Anyone know of any shops or websites where you can get shirts and kits of lower division and/or foreign clubs?

Danke Schon!
    Most clubs have an online club shop now, and will probably ship to the UK if you ask nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nooneknows)
    £50? Is that a bit low? Maybe I'd spend a little more.

I'm not particularly great, it's just that at some of the places I play the house cues are so shocking that they take the fun out of the game!
    Yeah they can be pretty expensive. Lucky for me my uncle co-owns a pool/snooker/billiard arcade so it's like - there's no need to buy one, there's heaps of goodies there, plus if you needed to - discount city! :p: Have you tried shopping around for a decent 2nd hand cue? I play pool sometimes at uni (and it's in-need-of-improvement :rolleyes: facillities) with my friends, so I know what you mean

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Yep, go with what the others here have said - but to add to that, I suggest going in the morning OR 2 hours after you've eaten anything. You can continue to drink water tho, infact that would prolly be a good idea!

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    5k is a piece of cake, I did 7k a day before I stuffed up my knee late last year.

If you begin gettign used to running for long amounts of time you will have no problems in Spetember.

If the other ways people have suggested arent working for you, I suggest doing it a K at a time. Start with 2, then after a week see if you can go to 3, then 4 etc, until you are running comfortable at about 7or 8 km, that way your body will get used to it and set into a pattern and youll find 5km easy to do.

(Original post by none_of_yor_biz)
    if we beat france, there will be no stopping us. (welsh girly here). I reckon we can do it. I would pay so much money to get tickets for the ireland/wales match in cardiff. I went two years ago when the score was somehting like 22-21 to ireland, what an atmosphere! Especially if it was to be the grand-slam decider!
    A friend of mine and her boyfriend have tickets for this match on 19th March. They paid £100 per ticket.

She will be wearing a green jersey (Ireland) and he a red one (Wales)!

Regarding the World Rankings - the positions are adjusted as the games are played. England was 4th because of world cup. France won the Grand slam last year and haven't lost a match in the current 6 nations championship so move up to take England's former position. Wales was 7th because they hadn't done so well in the recent past, but are now edging up. England have dropped to 6th because of their dismal performance in this session. Ireland have a better record than Wales for the last few years so are above them in the rankings.

I don't understand how anyone can think that realistically, England have a hope of winning the championship now - it's obviously all down to patriotism!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    5k is a piece of cake, I did 7k a day before I stuffed up my knee late last year.

If you begin gettign used to running for long amounts of time you will have no problems in Spetember.

If the other ways people have suggested arent working for you, I suggest doing it a K at a time. Start with 2, then after a week see if you can go to 3, then 4 etc, until you are running comfortable at about 7or 8 km, that way your body will get used to it and set into a pattern and youll find 5km easy to do.
    Whats how far you can run got to do with anything? Just because 7k is a piece of cake to you, doesnt mean it is for other people, and, as were on the topic, 7k is nothing either.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have a couple of questions.

I started off running initally for weight loss, which I have succeeded by a large amount. However, shortly after that I was more concerned with my stamina and fitness level for competitive squash. (although still want to lose weight!)

I ran between 3-5miles every day, for up to an hour; I could keep the concentration and motivation. However, after an injury, i'm trying to get back to long runs 40min plus but seem to get bored easily and stop after 25-30min, but i'm not physically tired.

does anyone have any tips on how to keep going (mentally) for the full hour and more (since i put in high intensity sprints at the end)? It really bugs me!

I do now 14miles per day on the bike, at intensity level 10-12, and then hill climbing. Plus rowing (2K and 30-40min). I generally go 5 days a week, with the last two squash days, and squash during the evenings. With squash training for 1-2hr nearly every day (but that's routines not movement). I also have weight training with two days in between each session.

So I am committed, it's just those long runs i want to get back to! Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    I don't understand how anyone can think that realistically, England have a hope of winning the championship now - it's obviously all down to patriotism!
    It's still mathematically possible but it is against them. Sport is generally patriotic anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I could get tickets for £52, obviously not best seats in house.. ut I've been to Wales v England already this tournament, and am running low on cash so... gonna have to give it a miss!

ReputationRep:
    woah, ease up turbo. No need to get grumpy.

Yes I know 7k is nothing, but that was my daily little run between trainings, quite enough for me anyway after coming home from a 3 hour torture session at the hands of madame evil.

How far you run builds up stamina, that way if she keeps going her stamina will increase and she wont fin d it as hard, thats all im getting at.

ReputationRep:
    Give Rugby a miss... 4 words that should never be uttered!

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.