Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)

aww
    Lol!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    Excuse me! Only one team can really be cosidered the best and that's FLAMENGO (granted we haven't won in a while but that's a minor detail) :mad:
    Did they finish top 16 in the league last season? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Lol!!!!
    And those are flamingos TheWolf! :mad: the team is Flamengo

and it's not funny

ReputationRep:
    rangers...most successful club side on the planet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Did they finish top 16 in the league last season? :p:
    not fair!

ReputationRep:
    Lincoln City
    Division Three (North) Winners: 1931-32, 1947-48, 1951-52
    Division Four Winners: 1975-76
    Conference Winners: 1987-88

Beat that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    rangers...most successful club side on the planet
    thats true, except it's not :p:

ReputationRep:
    And those are flamingos TheWolf! :mad: the team is Flamengo

and it's not funny
    :rofl:

which are better at footy?

ReputationRep:
    Best FANS - Portsmouth FC by about 200 decibels

Best team in the world? It's really difficult to tell. Many consider the European Champions to be the best but I'm sure the South American FA (is it CONCAF?) would have something to say about that! I know they have a europe v south america match each year where the champions play but nobody seems to treat it as a big deal and I haven't ever even seen one of these matches.

Seeing as I don't know much about South American football, other than Vasco , I'll stick to what I do know - European football.

In England there's Chelsea who are obviously the best team this season. Man United are going VERY strong at the moment though, and next season will be much, much closer. Arsenal have lost their way a bit, especially after losing to United and today's result against Sheff. U. won't have done them any good whatsoever. That said, they can still be devastating on their day (5-1 against Crystal Palace). But I think at the moment it certainly has to be Chelsea.

In La Liga (Spain), although they're stumbled slightly as of late Barcelona are probably the best team still. Real Madrid, who owe a lot to Michael Owen, are not out of it yet and it's gonna be a tight finish to the season. I think I'd have to go for Barca to be the best Spanish team at the moment though.

In France... oh well I don't really have a clue about that.

In Italy there's Juventus who I'd consider to be the best.

In Germany... Bayern Munich probably.

As you can see my knowledge is really limited to English and Spanish football

ReputationRep:
    thats true, except it's not :p:
    hows that?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

which are better at footy?
    haha :mad:

(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Seeing as I don't know much about South American football, other than Vasco
    my entire family is Vasco... they suck though...
    know nothing about european football :embarasse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Lincoln City
    Division Three (North) Winners: 1931-32, 1947-48, 1951-52
    Division Four Winners: 1975-76
    Conference Winners: 1987-88

Beat that.
    we have a winner!

ReputationRep:

my entire family is Vasco... they suck though...
    know nothing about european football :embarasse
    Isn't Vasco's mascot Iron Maiden's Eddie? (the moster thingy that appears on all their albums & shirts etc)

ReputationRep:
    Best FANS - Portsmouth FC by about 200 decibels
    fiction. man city got 25000 a week in the 2nd division. portsmouth hardly manage that in the premiership.

losers! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can't accept the truth

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Vasco's mascot Iron Maiden's Eddie? (the moster thingy that appears on all their albums & shirts etc)
    u mean this?

ReputationRep:
    fiction. man city got 25000 a week in the 2nd division. portsmouth hardly manage that in the premiership.

losers! :p:
    Depends how you define best

The City of Manchester Stadium is rarely full... especially not in the last 10 minutes of a match :rolleyes:

And anyway I think if you look at our stadium, and what us pompey fans have to go through for each home game - risking life & limb JUST to watch our team play (and recently, lose) I think you have to admit we are a cut above the rest I mean... we've got our own fat man with a bell and a funny hat!! Who needs cheerleaders?!

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you define best

The City of Manchester Stadium is rarely full... especially not in the last 10 minutes of a match :rolleyes:

And anyway I think if you look at our stadium, and what us pompey fans have to go through for each home game - risking life & limb JUST to watch our team play (and recently, lose) I think you have to admit we are a cut above the rest I mean... we've got our own fat man with a bell and a funny hat!! Who needs cheerleaders?!
    risking life and limb eh? is the road mined or something?

ReputationRep:
    u mean this?
    :eek: YES!

...see any resemblence?
    http://maidenmidi.com/singles/trooper.jpg

ReputationRep:
    ummm... no (though I'll admit I'm not an Iron Maiden fan so I don't know exactly how Iron Maiden's Eddie looks like) but you'll usually see an old ship (the Portuguese type with the red cross-thing) or a "Bacalhau" (think it translates to codfish - a very Portuguese fish)

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.