Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    12 hours to go! I CANT WAIT!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lewsey... Welshman he is! Wouldn't get in our team at moment though!

ReputationRep:
    its confirmed that balshaw will be at fullback.

http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseact...l/StoryID/9752

ReputationRep:
    ok. I don't rate him that much, at all really. but you shold have two easy gfames now so doesn't really matter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    [I]
    The reason I've started this is, the fanzine that I contribute to, FMTTM, has just won a national award for being the best fanzine in the whole country! And not just football! Not just sports either! The best fanzine of everything in the country! How cool is that? I contribute to it and everything. Bloody amazing that.

Here's what we were up against: http://www.emapfanzineawards.co.uk/shortlist.html

We won both the awards we were nominated for http://www.bbc.co.uk/tees/content/ar..._feature.shtml

Yes, this thread is just an excuse to show off, but it could still be interesting...
    Oh yeah, forgot to say...congrats! :beer: :top:

(Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Yes, this thread is just an excuse to show off, but it could still be interesting...
    Was a good idea for a thread regardless.

ReputationRep:
    I've read Tony Adams' as well. Very good.

I also read Terry Venables's, but that was rubbish.

I've heard the Fever Pitch film is one of the few which is better than the book? Is the book worth reading if you've seen the film?

ReputationRep:
    Balshaw is a decent full back, nothing spectacular but he'll do the job. All England can hope for now is two decent wins over the two weakest teams; they have nothing to play for apart from that

ReputationRep:
    There is a few good Everton FC fanzines..

One called "When Skies Are Grey (WSAG)" is an especially good one! Also "Speke (as in a village in Liverpool) from the Harbour" is a pretty decent read on matchdays!

ReputationRep:
    two books you should read if you are a football fan and reasonably educated

manchester united ruined my life by colin shindler
    parklife by nick varley

the 2nd book brought me to tears when it started talking about a certain day, the 15th of April 1989

ReputationRep:
    lol i got school 2morow still waking up early tommorow inzie is rubbish totally ill suport anyother player in pakistan but not him lol my fav player in pak team is Afridi. But truly indians are the winners and wont loose the ODIS at no cost on indian soil.

ReputationRep:
    actually, it was a general observation, lol. Forget about the game.

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty much a straight c+p from something posted by a R.U. fan on another site, anyone got any thoughts or opinions?:

--------------------------------------------------
    There are rumours that after all the publicity over Farrell going to RU it may now not come off.
    There is only ONE club shown any interest in him-Saracens,and Farrell wanted to play closer to home than that.
    Facts not emerged yet but it looks like the clubs have said,like a lot of us,that it is too much of a gamble to take on a 30 year old injury prone player who has never played the game.
    By the time he has adapted he would be too old to make an impact at top level.
    Anyway probably too early to speculate yet but that is the latest rumour I have heard.
    It is a rumour in RU circles and it is also on the Wigan website.
    --------------------------------------------------

Personally I said from day one that I didn't think he would go. It's a big gamble to take someone who is in the latter years of his career and has never even played the game before.

ReputationRep:
    Stanley Matthews' autobiography is a MUST read

Manslaughter United is a fantastic book too.

ReputationRep:
    yep I know pakistan have gone down hill just a bit over the years.....but Im still rootin for them!

ReputationRep:
    ..is what i got for my mini judo assesment today

ReputationRep:
    if you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    if you enjoy it, that's all that matters.
    what happened to give up :confused: nah quiting is the losers way out but then again i lose if i stay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    ..is what i got for my mini judo assesment today
    Thats not bad. It could be worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Thats not bad. It could be worse
    not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    not really.
    Theres worse things than an A for effort and an E for performance

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.