Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure. granted i'm not a great follower of new zealand rugby beyond the S12, but i still think the lions will've the edge in the forwards and JW - if fit - will be kicking everything within 50m and pushing the all blacks back in their 22 if they lose possession. it'll be interesting; a real contrast in styles!

ReputationRep:
    I too was glad utd went out, made me smile inside for a couple of seconds imagining Alex Fergusons face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeD)
    Man Utd, Madrid, Barca etc etc have been doing it for years.

Anway, Chelsea have much more than money. Work ethic, team spirit, inspirational captain.....
    So true. Barça are hardly a counterexample to the way that Chelsea is run.

Plus, is it true that Real Madrid was supported or still is supported financially by the king Juan Carlos because he's a big fan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    as someone with a strong dislike of Chelsea, I must say they showed a superb amount of character tonight, worthy of potential European and domestic Champions.
    You probably wanted them to go out but have you noticed a fair bit of unity among the English based club supporters in that quite a substantial number of Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool fans wanted Chelsea to win etc? I think the Barcelona players saying stuff about no English team will go through and their league is better etc might have some part in it.

ReputationRep:
    Well done Chelsea, they were excellent defensively last night - some of the saves Cech made, bloody hell, he's the best keeper in the world without a doubt - and they took their chances well. Ronaldinho's goal was just incredible, and some of his touches during the first half particularly were out of this world. All in all it was a brilliant game.

I can't see any other team who can beat the Blues - with the exception of maybe Milan - and they really could win the trophy now. I hope they do

Real Madrid were basically owned by Franco during his dictatorship, he forced the best players in the country to sign for Madrid and bought them the Championship time and time again in a way that would make Mr Abramovich blush. It's ridiculous to single them out without doing the same to Juventus, Madrid, Barca, etc.

ReputationRep:
    My friend made the point that at full time Didier Drogba ran on the pitch looking like Cat from Red Dwarf.

Just thought I'd mention that.

ReputationRep:
    bad loser. watch sehwag fire my son he will teach paki batsman a lesson

ReputationRep:
    Oohh...yes he did a bit!

I was saying to someone in a pm that Barcelona's manager looked like Ruud Huillet..ironic it is not?!!

Plus, yes as an Arsenal fan and Premiership fan I don't like Chelsea spending that kind of money and they would NOT have been as successful without the funding...BUT just cos you spend money doesn't mean it is going to work for the team..i.e.at poor old Leeds and Liverpool have spent quite a lot...AND Anelka didn't work at Real Madrid!

WELL DONE CHELSEA....still want to beat you in the League as we normally do though...but you HAVE won the title..hope someone else wins the FA Cup..Arsenal or anyone BUT Man U and Chelsea..give another team a chance!

Good luck to Liverpool and Newcastle in their games this week...you lot who support these are among the best supporters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haras Sarah)
    hope someone else wins the FA Cup..Arsenal or anyone BUT Man U and Chelsea..give another team a chance!
    People were saying that about Man Utd and Arsenal with the Premiership.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but it would not have happened for a few years yet if Chelsea ain't got that amount of funding..their squad WAS good before..but NOT good enough to win the Premiership!

It obviously is now..lucky they ain't had many injuries other than players like Bridge and have enough players to cover..Arsenal do not! Hence the drop in form..and Ljungberg being upfront v Sheff Utd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    But the time they draw against each other Drogba and Robben will be back.
    probably so will shevchenko though....

Crespos header was beautiful...

Jesus Cafu was incredible last night, the ground he covers and he's so old...
    Gattuso was superb as well, he must be an italian first choice...Maldini solid as ever and even old costacurta came on, nesta too, milan have always had great defenders....i'm going to be controversial and say that i dont think this chelsea side is as good as its points total suggests, and that they would be outclassed by Milan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Why is Costa in their yet Figo isn't?
    Also Redondo has done more than Davids.

Very poor poll, in my opinion.
    i forgot redondo...did he play for madrid?

Figo played on the right flank, thats why hes not in

ReputationRep:
    What a great innings so far for Viru!!! Gautam wasplaying well as well until one loose shot led to him getting out but now Dravid is there he is the perfet man to have coming out at this point!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think Drogba and Robben will have the edge over Shevchenko and Crespo.

ReputationRep:
    Viru played a gd innings , i saw his first 50runs or so and he was on fire ,esp early on , but he was playin his usual risky self, giving a easy catch to the slip fielder early in his innings but fortuntely the fielder fumbled it

Hope tendulkar scores 121+ ,cos he needs 121 to get to a milestone for total runs scored in test matches and a 100 to set a new WR for no. of 100's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haras Sarah)
    Yep, but it would not have happened for a few years yet if Chelsea ain't got that amount of funding..their squad WAS good before..but NOT good enough to win the Premiership!
    They're traditionally a 'Cup side' and before the 1-0 defeat to Newcastle, the only teams to knock Chelsea out of the FA Cup in the last 10 years or so were Arsenal and Manchester United. They seem to be too inconsistent with the league. They were also unlucky not to beat Barcelona the last time they met in the Champions League.

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sehwag is on fire

ReputationRep:
    lol, yep

but he gave pakistan a simple opportunity, he edged the ball to a slip fielder but fortunately(for india) it was fumbled. we still got alot of batting to go through, i just hope the weather affect the result of the test match

ReputationRep:
    * waether doesnt affect the match outcome

ReputationRep:
    pakistan bowlers were pie-chucking. First they get humiliated by Aussies now India. Laxman, Ganguly, Sachin to come yet! If this performance was by Zimbabwe then people would be calling for their test status to be dropped.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.