Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    I would love it if we beat them, love it.
    Someone has been watching skyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Legendary quote, and you know it!

Keegan, equipped with headphones and all, giving it damn straight!

ReputationRep:
    Yes htey have been! They may not have won the games when it counts but by god they play such a physical and fantastically well thought out game plan! Have you been to a 7s tourney recently?

I saw them at Ballymore World 7s last year and they were simply fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! This is one year too late for me

I did use to play, there was this trend at my uni early 2004 to play badminton after class with other psych students and the commerce students, but it kinda died out

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    good innings by inzy, but well done kumble! 156-4 at the mo, i think this should be indians test, we can easily get 250-300 runs tommorow, so we should just bowl like junglis, dont matter how many runs pakistan get! hindustan zindabad!

ReputationRep:
    kumble bowls youhanna! 5 down 5 to go

ReputationRep:
    they play really attractive rugby im not saying they dont. but fiji are far from the best 7s team around.

ReputationRep:
    good innings by inzi
    first three batsmen, they are just pathetic
    lets see how much razzaq and akmal stand by

ReputationRep:
    if pakistan can make another 200 and continue to bat till lucnch of day 5 their is a chance for a draw, otherwise its looks obvious!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh inzi played really well but i do have one criticism. Today inzi played a brilliant 80 off 100 balls but what was more required from him was something like 80 off 200 balls. Crease occupation is something Pakistan will have to improve in the coming matches. Time is crucial in test matches.

ReputationRep:
    lets see how much razzaq and akmal stand by

Yeh Razzaq played a mature knock and akmal looked comfortable. That will be the key wicket. Credit to pakistan for making a fight out of it. The new ball is due in 8 overs time.

I certainly wouldnt like India chasing 125-175 in a session and a half on a day 5 pitch.

ReputationRep:
    Just heard from someone else that it has been announced on fivelive that "an agreement has been made" between Wigan and the RFU and that a full statement will be made within the hour.

An agreement could mean anything. Could mean that they have agreed to forget the whole thing ever happened!

ReputationRep:
    Id have to disagree I think they are one of the best 7s teams around and certainly the most consistent over the years.

ReputationRep:
    i would have said it was a hobby, maybe a competetive one sometimes?

ReputationRep:
    The definition of sport is very subjective and varies across cultures...so I don't know! I would say more of a hobby..that is very active...like my swimming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Personally thought Paulo should have won it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indian)
    Yeh inzi played really well but i do have one criticism. Today inzi played a brilliant 80 off 100 balls but what was more required from him was something like 80 off 200 balls. Crease occupation is something Pakistan will have to improve in the coming matches. Time is crucial in test matches.
    With all due respect, although I am not in the habit of criticising umpires, Inzi's innings, was cut short by a poor decision from the umpire. For a man of his height, and the stride forward, there was too much doubt. The benefit of the doubt always goes to the batsman. He deserved a hundred, and after that he probably would have slowed down, but the pitch is very good, and runs are flowing. It is just about playing sensibly and if Pak can manage to set India anything over 150 we could have an interesting match on our hands, day 5 pitch with Kaneria turning the ball huge would be a good test for the Indian batting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topdude)
    good innings by inzy, but well done kumble! 156-4 at the mo, i think this should be indians test, we can easily get 250-300 runs tommorow, so we should just bowl like junglis, dont matter how many runs pakistan get! hindustan zindabad!
    I wouldn't be too sure mate. Kaneria had every batsman bar Tendulkar in trouble, and in any case chasing anything over 250 on the last day of a test is very, very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    I wouldn't be too sure mate. Kaneria had every batsman bar Tendulkar in trouble, and in any case chasing anything over 250 on the last day of a test is very, very difficult.
    If pakistan were to set anything even over 200 hundred india will not chase. Your right about Kaneria threat and plus i dont think there would be the time left to chase that many considering pakistan would take prob session and half to get extra 150.

We need a wicket early to expose the tail. Pakistan will need Razzaq and akmal to bat for as long as possible.

ReputationRep:
    There is a form of dancing called dancesport - it's essentially competitive Ballroom and Latin Dancing. The dictionary says 'sport' is "An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively" I think that means dance is probably a sport.

Let's face it, most dancers (e.g. Ballet dancers) are actually in much better physical condition and do much mroe demanding things with their bodies than footballers or rugby players, so why not recognise the physical excellence as well as the grace and beauty?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.