Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Are wingers effective in your experience from playing six-a-side football?
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Are wingers effective in your experience from playing six-a-side football?
The right winger is good at getting forward, but the left (me) rarely touches the ball. I'm not sure, this is only our 2nd competative game ever...
topdude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
Not when you have India's batting line up :rolleyes:

In any case I don't see a target of 250 being set by Pakistan anyway. The only way pakistan can get away with a draw now is if it rains.
yeah exactly. When i posted the 250 comment, it was the max possible run target india would have been left with at the time, now its only going 2 be 170 odd max, and with sehwag slogging the ball shouldnt be a problem. india are going 2 be very attacking with the bowling, they will concede runs, but should also pick up quick wickets. As Pakistan would say, 'inshallah', this game is destined 2 be India's.
sumitk87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the series is also destined to be india's :champ:
sumitk87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
also the pressure from the indian crowd watchin, who all expect their hero to score heavily against pakistan. Plus sachins innings showed tru class and no one can deny that :cool:
had this match bn in pakistan then i would say inzie performed well under pressure. Im not sayin inzies innings wasnt gd but sachins was better.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
u forgot to mention the fact that there was abosolutely no pressure on sachin to perform
Sachin's innings was better. Full stop. No need to make excuses about pressure etc.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've had that experience. I can play as winger, since I'm fast, and prefer on the left when it comes to shooting etc but find there is a right hand side bias during free play. Why this is I'm not too sure.

For six a side I think wingers, as a position rather than the actual people who play as them, are not as effective as they can be in 11 a side, mainly because of a smaller pitch, smaller goal (so less more likely to keep ball down) and less players.
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sumitk87)
the series is also destined to be india's :champ:
why not concentrate on the first match
this series is toooo big.......................especi ally seven onedays!!!!!!!!!!
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
only way i can think of is if pakistan can extend their batting upto lunch time tomorow meanwhile piling up another 200 ( well that semms difficult so another 150 or 125) that will set india target of around 200-250 to chase in 50 overs. draw might be possible then.
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
only worries are that razzaq and akmal have to stick there and somehow keep their wickets intact.
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wingers are very handy for moving the ball around and creating a bit of space, and they give you a good width in the defence if they get back quick enough, we have a left sided player on the left so our distribution is fairly good around the whole pitch, wereas other teams have to take an extra touch we can pass a fraction faster which moves our game up a notch.
topdude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Musafir_85)
only way i can think of is if pakistan can extend their batting upto lunch time tomorow meanwhile piling up another 200 ( well that semms difficult so another 150 or 125) that will set india target of around 200-250 to chase in 50 overs. draw might be possible then.
the chances of the tail end staying till lunch is very low. theres usually one good tail end partnership which lasts for around 15 overs or so, but thats usually about it. i honestly dont think that pakistan will survive till tea, and dont think they will set a target more then 150. if pakistan do draw without the help of rain, it will be one of the best perfomences of all time.

and on the matter of the one day matches, there is no contest, it is India's. i dont care if pakistan have won the last few worthless matches, when india have all their best players to choose from the only team in the world that can beat them in a best of 7 is Australia.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Romario has signed for them now.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^
India's one day woes have never been worse, whereas Pakistan managed to give Aus a run for their money in the VB series. Pakistan's one day team is not to be underestimated, Shoaib Akhtar or no Shoaib Akhtar.

ABout the point of India's batting lineup, it doesn't matter about the batting lineup. You can have allstars, and they will struggle chasing over 250 on a fifth day (not that Pak are even gonna set India 200), its about the wear and tear of the track, the quality of the bowling and the conditions on the day that influence that, not just the batting lineup - no questions, India's top 6 are the best in the world - better even, IMO than Australia.
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
^
India's one day woes have never been worse, whereas Pakistan managed to give Aus a run for their money in the VB series. Pakistan's one day team is not to be underestimated, Shoaib Akhtar or no Shoaib Akhtar.

ABout the point of India's batting lineup, it doesn't matter about the batting lineup. You can have allstars, and they will struggle chasing over 250 on a fifth day (not that Pak are even gonna set India 200), its about the wear and tear of the track, the quality of the bowling and the conditions on the day that influence that, not just the batting lineup - no questions, India's top 6 are the best in the world - better even, IMO than Australia.

thats wat i think of one day games.
i mean anything can happen. remember last year india made 349 and pakistan still managed to make 344 batting second. did anyone of us think that pakistan can manage to lose by just 5 runs, never. actually in that match anything could have happened at that time, by the looks of indian bowlers and remeber ganguly calling up his fielders all the time and changing position after every one or two deliveries. and the fate of the match was decided rigth in the end on the last ball when moin khan needed to hit a six to make pakistan win.
if those types of matches are repeated this year then i think it will be a huge entertainment. both teams can out do each other and anything can happen in the one dayers. no one can just predict the outcome at this stage.
Musafir_85
Report 13 years ago
personally i think no one team will win onedays with a big difference and it will be a close call e.g one team wins 4 other 3 matches.
for test matches india can win but for one dayers pakistan have ability to nick it away from indians at their soil............................ ................................ ................................ ................................ .......and thats what i think.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
^

Good points zaf
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Musafir_85)
personally i think no one team will win onedays with a big difference and it will be a close call e.g one team wins 4 other 3 matches.
for test matches india can win but for one dayers pakistan have ability to nick it away from indians at their soil............................ ................................ ................................ ................................ .......and thats what i think.
I agree with you.

A close and hard fought series would also make it all the more rewarding for the winning team.

As a fan, I only get real satisfaction when India-Pakistan matches are close
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oxford have this great thing where one of the conditions for a sport to qualify for full blue status is that is has to have "adequate physical exertion".

Now that is what I meant
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol, quality.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1069)
79.01%
Leave (284)
20.99%

Watched Threads