Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
mostlyharmless
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
england won the WC in 2003 now look at them, they might loose it italy, this shows how much changes over time. i could show u a load of stats to show u how good england are. stats dont been a thing on the pitch.

so they were great in 97 thats 8yrs ago they had a great team. but the team at preasent isnt as good no 2 ways about it.

fiji will play a big part in the WC, but they will bottle it like always.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mostlyharmless)
england won the WC in 2003 now look at them, they might loose it italy, this shows how much changes over time. i could show u a load of stats to show u how good england are. stats dont been a thing on the pitch.
Time=7 months,

Now compare English stats to All Black stats get laughed out of the park even though The ABs are cholkers.

Anyway: This fijian team of persent is fantastic, did you see them play in South Africa? They managed to beat England, Scotland, Sa'moa, to name a few, they are just so strong and explosive.

I know a lot of the guys in the Aussie 7s team and htey like a lot of the other blokes hate playing Fiji becuase they have such a good game going.

If they could get their 15 man games working as well as their 7s they would be a contender in international circles.

I reckon they need Sereli Bobo for sure for entertainment.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well would you look at that.

France beat Ireland afterall. 26-19

Anyone see the game? Im taking a wild guess and saying that France's foward pack were fantastic.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
RBS Six Nations table
Saturday 12 Mar

P PD PTS
1 Ireland 3 44 6
2 Wales 3 38 6
3 France 3 2 4
4 Scotland 3 -26 2
5 England 3 -9 0
6 Italy 3 -49 0
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want to update info about Southern Hemisphere Rugby concerning the Lions tour and Super 12 competition. It seems to have disappeared.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you can delete this, I found it i must be going insane... search function didnt pick it up though.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Yes and Eto'o :p:
Eto'o = mouthy git, hes crying over splilt milk

Cameroon international Eto'o said that an exchange with an unknown figure had made him "very angry" and he also took a verbal swipe at Mourinho's Chelsea and referee Pierluigi Collina.

"Mourinho is shameless. If this team wins the Champions League, it would make you want to retire," said Eto'o.

"With so much money and so many players, what they do is not football."

"Collina helped Chelsea, he denied me a clear penalty and for the fourth goal they fouled Victor Valdes, but those things happen," he added.
mostlyharmless
Report 13 years ago
u cant play 15's like 7's fiji, samoa and tonga have proved that.

the point im trying to make, that u keep missing is that fiji arent no1 at 7's. u cant argue with that new zealand are no1, its as simple as that. fiji have a good team yes, but they have had better ones.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
dare I say rain saved India. Chasing 292 in 50 overs in a test match is no mean feat, especially on the last day.
Dare I say, India would have batted out 50 overs if required.
Filibuster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Does anybody go Free-running or parkour as its also known?
joshdajoker
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well managing a football team isn't easy.

When it comes to small sided football games I think the phrase "a chain is only as good as the weakest link" is applicable. What I mean is your least fit and least skillful player is as good as your team gets.

Im not sure how big your pitch is but if its relatively small with a semi circle area which only the keeper can enter and the goals are small you could benefit from playing a Zone defence which essentially means when your attack breaks down your whole team retreats to a position to defend within your half limiting them shooting from distance. IE dont let your striker close down their defenders who are knocking the ball about in their own half, it's a waste of energy.

This is an easy concept as it means less communication is needed as everyone knows where to go and when to go there. Also this will slow the game down to a pace I feel benefits a slightly less fit team as Man-to-Man involves following the runs of your opponents whereas a Zone means you only pick up men as they enter your vacinity.
This tactic will be less effective on large pitches with large goals and with goal areas where everyone can enter.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
Eto'o = mouthy git, hes crying over splilt milk
Sour grapes. Obviously ignorant of the first leg.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
C'mon Wales!
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You can play 15s with the same intensity as 7s, thats why most guys go in to play 7s. Thats why guys like Mat Rogers and Wendell Sailor were instructed to play 7s before 15's, to gain rugby intensity.

I never said Niew Zulund werent #1 at 7s. I never said Fiji were #1 what im saying is that at 7s level they are one of the most dominant countries and most consistent.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im humouring the possibility that it would be great for the dark horse to get up and deliver the biggerst 6n upset in a little while.
mostlyharmless
Report 13 years ago
ok i understand what your saying. but how can u dominate without winning anything?
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For any football game, football transfer or any other football story which makes the news, here is a thread for you to make up your own headlines for the stories before they reach the papers!

Here is my one to start it off, relating to the Southampton vs Man Utd game and the flare-throwing incident:

"United turn up the heat as they march into semis".

And Diouf's sending off in the Bolton vs Arsenal game:

"An El of an elbow as Diouf sees red".
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Easily.

Look at how strong The AB's have been over the years. How many RWC have they won? one. How many opportunities have they had over the years, heaps. Its referred to as cholking. Same goes with the Waratahs at S12 level. The ABS have been at the top of World Rugby for years except for maybe the times during the 60's and 70's when the Springbok were unstopable. Still they cant get their act together, came bottom of the table 3N this year and lost out in crucial games in RWC rounds the last three times, id like to see someone say that they arent a dominant force.
mostlyharmless
Report 13 years ago
fair enough u make a good point.

i wouldnt say that NZ are chockers, as for super 12 i dont know much about that. and as for the 60's - 70's there was only one dominate team and by that i mean won every time not just perferming for the big games and that was Wales, and being an englishman thats hard to say.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well dear, im talking about the SH obviously, lol.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1170)
79.38%
Leave (304)
20.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed