Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshdajoker)
    Well managing a football team isn't easy.

When it comes to small sided football games I think the phrase "a chain is only as good as the weakest link" is applicable. What I mean is your least fit and least skillful player is as good as your team gets.

Im not sure how big your pitch is but if its relatively small with a semi circle area which only the keeper can enter and the goals are small you could benefit from playing a Zone defence which essentially means when your attack breaks down your whole team retreats to a position to defend within your half limiting them shooting from distance. IE dont let your striker close down their defenders who are knocking the ball about in their own half, it's a waste of energy.

This is an easy concept as it means less communication is needed as everyone knows where to go and when to go there. Also this will slow the game down to a pace I feel benefits a slightly less fit team as Man-to-Man involves following the runs of your opponents whereas a Zone means you only pick up men as they enter your vacinity.
    This tactic will be less effective on large pitches with large goals and with goal areas where everyone can enter.
    yea thats what i suggest. i play every sunday 4 the last year, and in our first season we won just 1 game and lost all the others, u improve with time. u need be brave and fast, be prepared 2 get kicked around and get in2 fights with people twice ur age. just make sure u dont get intimidated. if it is proper five a side rules with no ball over head height, no1 but keeper inside the box, etc u need 2 communicate and make sure every man knows his role. i suggest 1 man goal hangs at all time and man always in defence. the other 2 (3 in 6 a side), who are the fastest with most stamina need 2 defend and attack an basically be with the ball at all times.

one thing u need 2 do is start shooting the ball hard from half way line and stuff, and a lot of the time it will rebound of the wall or of the keeper, and as keeper cannot leave area it is easy 2 get to the rebound and quickly score.

as the guy above said, defend in zones, as when u man mark as soon as the player gets past a defender ur fuked.

of course the problem with zones is that the other team can do the long shot thing which i told u 2 do.....

but looking at the scores so far, i doubt u will win ur next match unlkess the other team are just as ****. dont worry, even if u go the whole season wothout winning, u will naturally improve, fitness levels, shooting, tactics everything. after around 10 games as a team u become a proper unit.

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    We dont ignore the NH, ive praised the efforts of Ireland and France many a time TYVM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRWallace)
    Scotland were truly ass-invaded in the first half today. Decent match tho.
    you should have been there! the atmosphere was just the best... even when we were being 'ass-invaded'... the welsh just did it so well! and as usual i've lost my voice....

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    sorry having a crapy weekend (at least england didnt lose)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think I will be in hiding over the next weekend - maybe the rest of the year...

The worst group of supporters to lose to are the Welsh! They will never let you forget. They still reminisce of the 70’s!

I just hope Ireland can stop the grand slam! I have an outside bet on France taking the trophy.

My reasons:
    France are playing Italy - they need to win by more than 28pts and more than what Wales and Ireland get against each other.

Ireland will try to take the match and therefore restrict the amount of points Wales can score. I rule Ireland out of winning the championship because they are unlikely to win by 25pts.

However all this is irrelevant should Wales win outright, but it is possible for France to win this still.

I hate to say this but I would like France to win the 6 nations over the Welsh - at least they are further away from the rest of us and few French really care about rugby anyway to bring it up in conversation! The Welsh only have sheep and rugby to talk about so it’s harder to talk about anything else!?

No offence meant to any Welsh supporter, I do however admire the current '05 team for their flair and for a purist of rugby supporting you can’t help but admire the supporter’s willingness to back their team through the hard times.

Lest we forget England didn't overplay the fact they still hold the World Cup and did not have more than 1/4 of a whole 1st XV squad that you would pick outright above the others who did play. Nevertheless, you have to make do with what you have, unfortunately that means Andy Robinson still persists with Charlie 'Cant Kick' Hodgson!

I applaud the Welsh team but will reserve judgement on Welsh supporters...

Vive la France from an English / Irish supporter (Who has just returned from the 'patchy' England Vs Italy match)

ReputationRep:
    France to win....
    See http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t96444.html

ReputationRep:
    aslong as wales dont get the grand slam

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's not just about France scoring more points against Italy than the points between Ireland and Wales. Ireland must beat Wales for France to go through.
    That's a lot of conditions on France winning.

I'm vouching for Wales. It's about time they won again. You've got to give them something at least to celebrate.

I hate to say this but I would like France to win the 6 nations over the Welsh - at least they are further away from the rest of us and few French really care about rugby anyway to bring it up in conversation! The Welsh only have sheep and rugby to talk about so it’s harder to talk about anything else!?
    If you go to Southern France, they're pretty crazy about rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see Wales doing well. Change is good from the usual contendors.

ReputationRep:
    Wales and Egland to win their next matches, no idea if that moves them up the IRB standings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Not really since Chelsea seems to have the foundations for future success, plus they seem to do well in the CL (better than arsenal anyway)
    I agree. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mostlyharmless)
    sorry having a crapy weekend (at least england didnt lose)
    that must be a nice change for you.

...sorry couldnt resist lol

ReputationRep:
    well we are on are way to making twickenham are fortress again!

ReputationRep:
    unlucky spurs, i really felt like they were gonna score in the last 20mins or so..... but in the end, its our year!! Watch out Man U, Arsenal or the other team, we're comin for ya!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Things are looking good! what with the 3-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen in Germany ...we played very well. Just hope they don't go and lose the next game which is against Blackburn our 'game in hand'. May just help us revive our fight for the elusive 4th champs league spot!
    Come on you Reds :cool:

ReputationRep:
    last time my team won a trophy i wasnt even born...so keep it shut!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farah_17)
    Things are looking good! what with the 3-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen in Germany ...we played very well. Just hope they don't go and lose the next game which is against Blackburn our 'game in hand'. May just help us revive our fight for the elusive 4th champs league spot!
    Come on you Reds :cool:
    You'll forever be in the shadow of the one and only Everton FC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    last time my team won a trophy i wasnt even born...so keep it shut!
    Is your team Glasgow Rangers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    You'll forever be in the shadow of the one and only Everton FC
    I very much doubt it.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.