Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ER........ Bids like this take place all the time.

Nothing ever comes of it.

Its a JOKE!

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone want a league one footballer???? Now if it was a premiership player like Cudders, then I would defo bid.

ReputationRep:
    Well as i look at the scorecard, its all looking good and India are well set for a victory.
    how can u say that at this stage

ReputationRep:
    ok now i have subscribed for SONY TV and B4U TV now, and ofcourse i will be watching hilites tonight at 11 pm , only then i can put my comments up.

but from the news here 3 wickets in 3 overs, thats wicked PAL.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, i completely disagree about Laxman. Yes recently and in this game he hasnt been in the best of form, but Yuvraj failed during the last 2 test series he was selected in, when batting at number 5/6 and Mongia is in the one-day team. Laxman is a quality player and having wacthed him play frequently in the past, im confident he'll bounce back in the next innings...watch this space.

ReputationRep:
    but an accurate representation of current form.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool, frustrating? heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pedigreechump)
    Right now I am listening to commentary on Birmingham Versus Liverpool and Birmingham are 2-0 up. This from a team who are suppoed to be challenging for honours.

The last 10 years have been a constant string of ups and downs with managers who just weren't up to the job.

Yes we have won a few cups, and they were great times, but in between the fans have had to endure hugely incosistent times which would see us put in a few good performances and then waste all of that by putting in a terrible performance. It happens every season.

Now, under Benitez, things looked to be on the up, but I honestly can't see any difference now than when Houllier was in charge.
    He has brought in some good players in Alonso and Morientes but has lost Owen and could be losing Gerrard in the summer.

I forsee a bleak future..............
    Good.

Your scummy fans shafted the Blues in the 80s with Hesyel and when we were one of the best teams in Europe and our chances of some success in Europe/becoming the biggest European team were ruined when all English clubs were banned from Europe.

Your "loyal" (Norwegian) supporters won't be making as many journeys over the sea when your mid-table

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else follow it? The race for the playoffs is hotting up.
    The table's looking like this at the top;

Pld GD Pts
    1 Yeovil 37 22 69
    2 Scunthorpe 37 20 66
    3 Macclesfield 36 14 63
    ----------------------
    4 Southend 37 11 62
    5 Swansea 37 13 61
    6 Darlington 37 6 57
    7 Lincoln City 37 12 56
    -------------------------
    8 Wycombe 37 6 56
    9 Northampton 37 5 56
    10 Rochdale 37 3 54
    11 Boston Utd 37 7 50
    12 Grimsby 37 1 50
    13 Cheltenham 37 1 50
    14 Leyton Orient 37 -1 50
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...le/default.stm

So many teams separated by so few points, should be an exciting end to the season. My team, Lincoln, still have to play 6 of the top 10 too....

ReputationRep:
    Leyton Orient, my local team. Always amazing to start with, then just rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be lucky to find many followers of the lower divisions on here. Most people on here don't seem to think football exists outside Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd :rolleyes:

And yes, I follow League Two quite closely (being a Stockport County supporter, it's looking obvious we'll be there next season).

From the performances I've read reports on, I think Macc will drop back into the play-offs, with Swansea taking the third automatic promotion place. Then I have a feeling Darlington will go up through the play-offs.

Hopefully Macc won't go up as it'll be good to play them next season, as we've never played them in the league. A very close local derby (literally 20 mintute drive from ground to ground).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's quite tragic. It's the same in halls. Go to any Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea game in the bar and it'll be packed to the rafters (although Chelsea less so), but tonight, we were the only people watching the Liverpool - Blackburn game, with arguably the 4th biggest club in England.
    It's great having the local derbies - Boston, Lincoln, Scunthorpe and Grimsby are all in the same division, although it looks like Scunny are going to go up. Lincoln have been in the playoffs the last two years, so hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    Yeah, it's quite tragic. It's the same in halls. Go to any Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea game in the bar and it'll be packed to the rafters (although Chelsea less so), but tonight, we were the only people watching the Liverpool - Blackburn game, with arguably the 4th biggest club in England.
    It's great having the local derbies - Boston, Lincoln, Scunthorpe and Grimsby are all in the same division, although it looks like Scunny are going to go up. Lincoln have been in the playoffs the last two years, so hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky.
    Did they get to the finals in any of those? My favourite County statistic is that we reached Wembley five times in 8 years during the 90s.......and lost every time!!!

If my memory serves me correctly, you won't be getting to the playoffs on your current form. Isn't it no wins in five?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Did they get to the finals in any of those? My favourite County statistic is that we reached Wembley five times in 8 years during the 90s.......and lost every time!!!

If my memory serves me correctly, you won't be getting to the playoffs on your current form. Isn't it no wins in five?
    None in 4 i think. We got to the final a couple of years ago, but got trounced by Bournemouth. We're going through our lean patch anyway, we'll pick up soon We've got a couple of teams near the bottom next (Shrewsbury and Rushden) so we should pick up the pace again there. it's in our own hands after that, since everybody at the top is playing everybody else up there.

ReputationRep:
    We've had a shocker of a season.

Manager suspended in November, investigation until February; in the meantime Carlton Palmer appointed - gets rid of a load of players, brings in his own, and expects them to gel.

Hopefully we'll be better for next season when we start afresh.

ReputationRep:
    We've just got Derek Asamoah off you - what's he like?

ReputationRep:
    We've just got Derek Asamoah off you - what's he like?

Ah Fly-Mo, of course.

He was an absolute star when he joined the club, we thought the world of him.

Then he dried up when things got cosy.

He will however always cause defenses problems with his pace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Ah Fly-Mo, of course.

He was an absolute star when he joined the club, we thought the world of him.

Then he dried up when things got cosy.

He will however always cause defenses problems with his pace.
    Good stuff. I was a bit concerned at first because they said he'd fallen out with the manager, but then I realised it was Carlton Palmer who falls out with everyone

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff. I was a bit concerned at first because they said he'd fallen out with the manager, but then I realised it was Carlton Palmer who falls out with everyone

I'm not convinced by him by any means - but Keith Curle when he started was even less proven than Palmer; and at the time of Curle's appointment that took some doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    We've had a shocker of a season.

Manager suspended in November, investigation until February; in the meantime Carlton Palmer appointed - gets rid of a load of players, brings in his own, and expects them to gel.

Hopefully we'll be better for next season when we start afresh.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo...Carlton Palmer!!!!!!!!!!

You poor, poor sod. I'm afraid, as long as he's in charge, you won't be going anywhere. In fact, you'll lose all your best players who have an ounce of influence with the squad because his ego doesn't allow for such players.

At least he's not player/manager like he was at Stockport.

Wait till he starts blaming the fans/young team/luck/chairman/pitch/referee/God/leap year for him being crap.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.